KernelEx for Win2000

I tried installing the Windows 2000 extended kernel (KB935839-v24b), but setup gives an error saying: "It requires IE6SP1 Cumulative Security Update MS12-052(KB2722913)" and then produces another error which says: "Error creating process <<None>>. Reason: The system cannot find the file specified."

The problem is, I can't find that update for Windows 2000. I know others have had this issue before, and have been pointed toward a 3.3GB download, which will not work for me.

Another Question: Do I install the extended core after installing the extended kernel (KB979683-v14c)?

And finally: What benefits are there to installing the extended kernel and core?

I tried installing the Windows 2000 extended kernel (KB935839-v24b), but setup gives an error saying: "It requires IE6SP1 Cumulative Security Update MS12-052(KB2722913)" and then produces another error which says: "Error creating process <<None>>. Reason: The system cannot find the file specified."

The problem is, I can't find that update for Windows 2000. I know others have had this issue before, and have been pointed toward a 3.3GB download, which will not work for me.

Another Question: Do I install the extended core after installing the extended kernel (KB979683-v14c)?

And finally: What benefits are there to installing the extended kernel and core?

* MS12-052(KB2722913) requires roots update after 2012.

* Extended core can be installed always.

* Extended core is worked for XP Drivers and limit break 4G and CPU 2 cores, Extended kernel is worked for XP applications.

* MS12-052(KB2722913) requires roots update after 2012.

* Extended core can be installed always.

* Extended core is worked for XP Drivers and limit break 4G and CPU 2 cores, Extended kernel is worked for XP applications.

Thank you very much for the help. I'm using a Windows 2000 CD with integrated updates, so I guess it already has the roots after 2012.

I have mirrored KB2722913, please note that it requires the aforementioned roots update :) After installing this, you can proceed to install KernelEx, WMP10, etc.

Thank you very much, also. I installed that update, and after that the extended kernel installed just fine. Then I installed the extended core, and that worked out fine too.

WMP10? As in Windows Media Player 10? Also: Does anyone know which file contains the bitmaps for the boot screen? I would like to add some more black, in addition to what is already there with the extended kernel, to match my custom MSGina.dll.

Thank you very much for the help. I'm using a Windows 2000 CD with integrated updates, so I guess it already has the roots after 2012.

Thank you very much, also. I installed that update, and after that the extended kernel installed just fine. Then I installed the extended core, and that worked out fine too.

WMP10? As in Windows Media Player 10? Also: Does anyone know which file contains the bitmaps for the boot screen? I would like to add some more black, in addition to what is already there with the extended kernel, to match my custom MSGina.dll.

Hi. I forgot to tell you.

You should install MS13-028 is better than MS12-052.

and enabled QFE mode.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1710658.html

After install extended kernel , you can install 2014 rootsupdate.

There is WMP 10 installer for Windows 2000 which I migrated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey im new to this form i had windows 2000 professinal since its release and havent changed since and i think you are doing a brilliant job blackwingcat and was wondering could you make a intel centrino n130 pro wireless driver for windows 2000 i have the lastest extended kernel running and i just need that driver because i know there is not one anywhere if you could it would be a huge help i dont need a utility just the driver hope you reply soon much thanks.

Regards

Bardock 1992

Edited by Bardock1992

• 1 month later...

I'm having a bit of an issue that's been very annoying lately. Randomly I'll get a blue screen which reads as error code 0x000000D1 Address B4EBE7DA Base at  B4EB7000 and the file in question is tcpip.sys. If I remember correctly, wasn't this file changed in KernelEx? Does this look like it could've been modded by you, BWC?

B4EBE7BA                           SSZB4EBE7BA_Lock_problems_____:

B4EBE7BA  4C6F636B2070726F626C+             db    'Lock problems !! ',0Ah,0

B4EBE7CD                           SUB_LB4EBE7CD:

B4EBE7CD  55                                push    ebp

B4EBE7CE  8BEC                              mov    ebp,esp

B4EBE7D0  51                                push    ecx

B4EBE7D1  53                                push    ebx

B4EBE7D2  56                                push    esi

B4EBE7D3  8B7508                            mov    esi,[ebp+08h]

B4EBE7D6  57                                push    edi

B4EBE7D7  8B4660                            mov    eax,[esi+60h]

B4EBE7DA  8B4018                            mov    eax,[eax+18h]

B4EBE7DD  8B780C                            mov    edi,[eax+0Ch]

B4EBE7E0  8D45FC                            lea    eax,[ebp-04h]

B4EBE7E3  50                                push    eax

B4EBE7BA                           SSZB4EBE7BA_Lock_problems_____:

B4EBE7BA  4C6F636B2070726F626C+             db    'Lock problems !! ',0Ah,0

B4EBE7CD                           SUB_LB4EBE7CD:

B4EBE7CD  55                                push    ebp

B4EBE7CE  8BEC                              mov    ebp,esp

B4EBE7D0  51                                push    ecx

B4EBE7D1  53                                push    ebx

B4EBE7D2  56                                push    esi

B4EBE7D3  8B7508                            mov    esi,[ebp+08h]

B4EBE7D6  57                                push    edi

B4EBE7D7  8B4660                            mov    eax,[esi+60h]

B4EBE7DA  8B4018                            mov    eax,[eax+18h] <-

B4EBE7DD  8B780C                            mov    edi,[eax+0Ch]

B4EBE7E0  8D45FC                            lea    eax,[ebp-04h]

B4EBE7E3  50                                push    eax

Hi.

We often look the BSoD message when it has Network driver Problem .

If you can test, Plz check to use other Network hardware on this PC.

I'm having a bit of an issue that's been very annoying lately. Randomly I'll get a blue screen which reads as error code 0x000000D1 Address B4EBE7DA Base at  B4EB7000 and the file in question is tcpip.sys. If I remember correctly, wasn't this file changed in KernelEx? Does this look like it could've been modded by you, BWC?

Hi.

Hi blackwingcat, I have tried two different wireless network adapters on this machine with the same results. One was a Linksys WRT54g device and now I'm using a Netgear WN111v2 and both have the same issue.

Hi.

Hi blackwingcat, I have tried two different wireless network adapters on this machine with the same results. One was a Linksys WRT54g device and now I'm using a Netgear WN111v2 and both have the same issue.

Hi.

We know, Wireless adapters are usually used same vendor's OEM driver for example RALINK and Realtek.

Have you experienced this problem  on Wired LAN ?

And Would you show more information , such stack back trace with WInDbg

• 3 weeks later...

I am brand new here... and am trying to catch up, but I can't find a good entry point to get up to date.

Recently, my Skype stopped working (2 days ago) because Microsoft retired it (sucks!). They wont even let the Win2K users see their own messages or contact list.

I need to get Skype working, and found your posts here.

Is there a way to get Skype to work with Windows 2000 again?

I have this configuration. It is the original OS plus Service Packs from MS.

Windows 2000
Service Pack 4
Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
1 GB Ram

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...