KernelEx for Win2000

Hi.

I think that it should be deleted Vista MUI function from Extended kernel.

Gamefix version were deleted some Vista function, which makes to cause of error,

And some functions are deleted , because some Korea Games (nProtect) hooks kernel without check Export Table correctly.

And what exactly do you mean by this?:

"Game Fix version is higher compatibility of Native Windows 2000 than Standard version."

Game Fix version have more original stuff in it while standard have more functions from newer OSes or?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I think that it should be deleted Vista MUI function from Extended kernel.

I think the same. They are very super modern resource eaters by my point view. Bringing functions like that into win2k is like adding to it the disadvantages of the very super modern resource eaters operation systems (with very super low speed/size performance).

In short:

I very super do not like them.

very super...

Hi.

Gamefix version were deleted some Vista function, which makes to cause of error,

And some functions are deleted , because some Korea Games (nProtect) hooks kernel without check Export Table correctly.

I see. Maybe I should try those too. I tough they have some extra added to them to avoid some things, but now I see it is the opposite.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I released Extended Kernel v2.4b2.

It was applied MS14-019 update.
It has DirectX 10stub runtime option.

And I fixed the auto Disabler "Vista MUI" problem.
If your Windows 2000 's mouse property crush when you select any tab, try to use Game Fix version.

Thx.

@blackwingcat, I found that my win2000 VM can't reboot/shutdown when your updates(extended kernel and/or extended core).

windows stalls after the progress dialog disappears(mouse cursor can be moved)

Really?

Can you tell me the environment before you install it, and version and which install first it or same time ?

( and single core or multi core ?)

@blackwingcat, I found that my win2000 VM can't reboot/shutdown when your updates(extended kernel and/or extended core).

Edited by blackwingcat

Really?

Can you tell me the environment before you install it, and version and which install first it or same time ?

Environment:

VMPlayer 5.0.2 on XP SP3 with 4GB patch, i5-3450, Intel B75 chipset, 4GB DDR3

VM Settings:

1 core (ACPI Uniprocessor PC)

256MB RAM

SCSI 4GB Disk (vmscsi)

vmxnet

with VMWare Tools 7.8.4 / 9.2.2 installed

Extended Kernel v24b Game / Extended Core v14c

Edited by roytam1

Which is cause of problem , extended kernel or core ?

and what version your previous version ?

And do you have all windows update ?

On my english environment has no problem. :(

Really?

Environment:

VMPlayer 5.0.2 on XP SP3 with 4GB patch, i5-3450, Intel B75 chipset, 4GB DDR3

VM Settings:

1 core (ACPI Uniprocessor PC)

256MB RAM

SCSI 4GB Disk (vmscsi)

vmxnet

with VMWare Tools 7.8.4 / 9.2.2 installed

Extended Kernel v24b Game / Extended Core v14c

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

first of all thank you for your hard work on the KernelEx for Windows 2000 project. I'm an old school KernelEx for Windows 98 user. Now I'd like to improve my old Windows 2000 installation as well.

The problem: It's a german installation and your updates are only available in english. Is there, in general, a problem to have an english kernel32.dll on a system with a different language? As far as I know this should cause major problems as the API itself is not localized and I wouldn't mind english error messages. Have you tried installing your KernelEx on a "wrong" language system or are the different problems prohibiting it? I could imaging compatiblity issues between the Japanese and the English version, since the Japanese version probably has to deal with a different character set for all strings but German and English mostly use the same character set (i.e. it shouldn't break anything when using the wrong one)

Thanks!

Hey Blackwingcat. I Have KernelEx installed,i have a Belkin Wireless USB Adapter.But windows 2000 will not accept the driver.i was wondering if you or somebody that knows anything about inf files would take a look at the file.The computer i have Windows 2000 installed on,the Eithernet port dont work on it.A power surge fryed the port.So i need to get this USB Wireless working.

Here is a copy of the inf file,and the driver.

Thanks for all your work.

net8192su.inf

Driver.zip

There are some problems.

1. The difference of BaseAddress in kernel32 and user32.dll

2. I include some locale dependency code in kernel32, for example  other dlls base address and country code.

There are some reasons that i could not make other language extended kernel.

1. I must get all original Dlls for the language.

2. I must apply changing base address of the country version each other.

3. I must import resource in it.

4. I must customize create advapi32.dll in resource.

5. I must create the test envrionment.

These are beyond too much for me :no:

Hello,

first of all thank you for your hard work on the KernelEx for Windows 2000 project. I'm an old school KernelEx for Windows 98 user. Now I'd like to improve my old Windows 2000 installation as well.

The problem: It's a german installation and your updates are only available in english. Is there, in general, a problem to have an english kernel32.dll on a system with a different language? As far as I know this should cause major problems as the API itself is not localized and I wouldn't mind english error messages. Have you tried installing your KernelEx on a "wrong" language system or are the different problems prohibiting it? I could imaging compatiblity issues between the Japanese and the English version, since the Japanese version probably has to deal with a different character set for all strings but German and English mostly use the same character set (i.e. it shouldn't break anything when using the wrong one)

Thanks!

How did you change The inf file for Windows 2000 ?

Hey Blackwingcat. I Have KernelEx installed,i have a Belkin Wireless USB Adapter.But windows 2000 will not accept the driver.i was wondering if you or somebody that knows anything about inf files would take a look at the file.The computer i have Windows 2000 installed on,the Eithernet port dont work on it.A power surge fryed the port.So i need to get this USB Wireless working. [...]

I did not change it.,The inf file will not work on windows 2000,it will not accept the inf.

I was asking if someone could make the inf work,with Windows 2000.

Like i said,Windows 2000 will Not accept the inf.

Okay, It was listened like that the driver would not work after you install it.

You should refer this site.

http://win2kgaming.prophpbb.com/topic393.html

I did not change it.,The inf file will not work on windows 2000,it will not accept the inf.

I was asking if someone could make the inf work,with Windows 2000.

Like i said,Windows 2000 will Not accept the inf.