KernelEx for Win2000

Umm...

It was detected trojan horse.

https://www.virustotal.com/ja/file/39cbf8d2ba5c3f5a08035bbee2164a88909383add296809bec01aafa7f34dcbe/analysis/1382887371/

I think It is not origial archive.

And on my environment not crashed fs v3.0.

Hello blackwingcat.

That bug you have fixed about SendMessage function in user32.dll seems was very Very VERY big flaw in win2k. I made that fix to user32.dll of SP5.1 (NON EXTENDED KERNEL) and now many programs, which gives trouble in past run flawlessly. Micro$oft seems forgot to fix this for full compatibility with win9X., but fixed it in XP. And the problem in Opgen.exe seems again was not fixed in 2k but also in XP and maybe all else versions (maybe it was too rare to be seen by developers). But this one in SendMessage is really important because without it many programs just can not work on win2k. I found many other programs which crashed before to work flawlessly now. So this really was MAJOR BUG (I think) reached in different ways by many programs.

One of many examples is FastScanner 3.0 from AT4RE.
Can be downloaded from:

http://www.woodmann.com/collaborative/tools/index.php/AT4RE_FastScanner

It still crashes when TotalScan button is clicked but before it was crashing right after launched.

Edited by blackwingcat

Well now days Av database is so huge that include nearly every possible combinations. So they now more need to add non malware programs signatures in exlide database because their malware database catches nearly anything. As you can see half of AVs detect it clean and other half saying it is different thing. When result is like that I think 99,99999% sure it is false positive. And I think you can confirm yourself on your test machine that no malware actions was done. Ia also another practice of AV companies to add ANY product from some developers or site as malware thing whyle most of them have nothing malware in it. Just because that developer or site produces one or more things which can be used for this purpose, while at same time they do not include commercial programs which are total hiden malware like AD programs or copy protection rootkits and etc.

This fast scanner is tool to scan executables to see if they are packed and to see with what if they are - just like famous PEID. (in case you dont know about this programs). I posted it because I remembered that I was not able to use it in past to compare with others similar because of this crash. But now I download it again with that fix and started it and it was working fine!

BTW I have more examples of programs which was crashing due same reason, but after this fix theya re working just fine. BUT I'm afraid if I post them here you will cry even more about trojans and etc while they are noting like that. So I wont mention them here :).

It is just that this bug is commonly seen. It was not just in topo or calc32, but in many many many more applications.

Edited by leonidij

• 2 weeks later...

Hi blackwingcat, it's been a while but your latest extended kernel fixed all the problems I was having with the latest Firefox builds and as an added bonus the Google Talk plugin now works so I can use Google Hangouts or Chat with Firefox on W2k. For the longest time I would get an error but it's fine now. So whatever changes you did nice job. Also, I see you've even got Java 6 updates still going. Windows 8, who needs that garbage?

If there is a request, I can create CHT version. :)

Thx for your information. :)

The Final Fantasy XIV benchmark works on Windows 2000 with New Extended Kernel v2.3j2 !

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1830097.html

I wonder if you can provide latest version CHT and CHS files of extended core and kernel?

Edited by blackwingcat

If there is a request, I can create CHT version. :)

Thx for your information. :)

The Final Fantasy XIV benchmark works on Windows 2000 with New Extended Kernel v2.3j2 !

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1830097.html

I wonder if you can provide latest version CHT and CHS files of extended core and kernel?

Please do so.

I have some win2000 CHT workstations that need extended core and kernel for running newer Firefox. :)

Edited by roytam1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure when it happened, as the last version I tried was awhile ago (v15s?), but all IIS services fail to start with the latest version...

In the Event Log I have they have this typical error for each service:

The Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) service terminated with the following error:An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

I also seem to have a problem with starting VNC, but I'm not sure if that is related.

I released extended kernel v2.3k.

It can customize to be disable Vista MUI function when you install it.

Although you can't run Vista MSPaint and so on, when you set it disabled, it makes less disk accesses.

and I applied MS13-102 it.

Edited by blackwingcat

Hi.

It works on My PC + Extended kernel v2.3j8 (GameFix Version).

Which did you install standard version or Game Fix Version ?

Game Fix version is higher compatibility of Native Windows 2000 than Standard version.

Not sure when it happened, as the last version I tried was awhile ago (v15s?), but all IIS services fail to start with the latest version...

In the Event Log I have they have this typical error for each service:

The Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) service terminated with the following error:An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

I also seem to have a problem with starting VNC, but I'm not sure if that is related.

Hi.

It works on My PC + Extended kernel v2.3j8 (GameFix Version).

Which did you install standard version or Game Fix Version ?

Game Fix version is higher compatibility of Native Windows 2000 than Standard version.

I did not try the game fix version, I will try that version when I next get the chance.

• 1 month later...

Hello blackwingcat.

I just tryed last kernel from v2.3l and compared with v2.3j8 , v2.3k, v2.3h with msdev.exe loading. All with MUI enabled (except v2.3h). And v2.3l is almost as fast as v2.3h while j8 and k are many times slower. It seems you manage to improve this A LOT.

And what exactly do you mean by this?:

"Game Fix version is higher compatibility of Native Windows 2000 than Standard version."

Game Fix version have more original stuff in it while standard have more functions from newer OSes or?