KernelEx for Win2000

Can you fix Daemon Tools Lite, to use on Win2000. Current version (4.45.4.0316) doesn't work, only

STOP

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

**Address 804F573A base at 804D7000, DateStamp 4ff7f93a - ntoskrnl.exe

just in case something a little earlier than the latest might do ...

4. virtual scsi driver (needed for daemon tools) the file SPTDinst-v181-x86.exe appears in Kurt Austs's Run1_W2Ksp5.bat batch file, but not shown in his download links for daemon tools

... SCSI Pass Through Direct setup v1.78.0.0 built by: WinDDK, by Duplex Secure Ltd. (http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/)

5. daemon tools -- IMHO should be std device for software installs DT Lite version 3.47 free (2004) runs in 98se, and most importantly its installer doesn't ask user to add a google toolbar (edit- integrate as addon won't violate free license) per Kurt Aust's 2K site, I installed DTLite4356-0091.exe (edit - w2k latest) the 4.356 installer prompts user to install the google toolbar -- I don't see any functional difference (between older and newer versions, except bloat), and actually prefer the earlier 347 version because of its logic and simplicity ... it has same speed and capacity ... 4 devices, and imho is more friendly - ie doesn't look like bubblegum

Edited by Molecule

I have a couple questions -

Are the functions that are being implemented just stub functions that return a 0, or are they fully functional functions? (try saying that 5 times fast!)

If they're just stubs, I'd guess that you're utilizing all of the publically available documentation for these functions on their respective platforms, such as MSDN and ReactOS's source code?

Would you consider continuing this project for Windows XP in the coming years? I still see a _LOT_ of XP machines in use (computer tech in a small computer store), and a _LOT_ of people trying to use newer apps (Office 2013, for instance, requires Vista+) and having to either downgrade or upgrade just to write documents (ugh!).

And then there's this gray area question - would you consider a project that tries to replace the NT5.0 kernel with NT5.2's Windows Research Kernel? The source code is available through universities, along with the full NT Design Documentation, allowing one to literally build their very own custom kernel for Windows. I don't know if such a project would be considered legal or what, since the code is intended for research and teaching purposes only, I can't say what the status would be :(

Hi.

Yes any functions so that.

But return 0 means sometimes ERROR_SUCCESS and sometimes FAILS

The stub functions usually are used when I don't know the fucntion's specification and I understand that the functions are not important and I want to work the application.

I have a couple questions -

Are the functions that are being implemented just stub functions that return a 0, or are they fully functional functions? (try saying that 5 times fast!)

If they're just stubs, I'd guess that you're utilizing all of the publically available documentation for these functions on their respective platforms, such as MSDN and ReactOS's source code?

At least, I don't take it till the end of microsoft support XP, because many hotfix will be released and it is current product.

Would you consider continuing this project for Windows XP in the coming years? I still see a _LOT_ of XP machines in use (computer tech in a small computer store), and a _LOT_ of people trying to use newer apps (Office 2013, for instance, requires Vista+) and having to either downgrade or upgrade just to write documents (ugh!).

It is almost impossible migrate for windows 2000, But it would become a great help to increase the function with reference to that

And then there's this gray area question - would you consider a project that tries to replace the NT5.0 kernel with NT5.2's Windows Research Kernel? The source code is available through universities, along with the full NT Design Documentation, allowing one to literally build their very own custom kernel for Windows. I don't know if such a project would be considered legal or what, since the code is intended for research and teaching purposes only, I can't say what the status would be :(

Edited by blackwingcat

I released Japanese version IE6SP3 for Windows 2000 with extended kernel.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1712272.html

Could you provide me a file localized following files in XP for other language.

inetcplc.dll

mshtml.tlb

mshtmler.dll

shdoclc.dll

extmgr.dll

inetcpl.cpl

iexplore.exe

Edited by blackwingcat

I think I can do it.

But IE6 SP3 shell image component is not compatible, so I think I can't replace IE6SP1.

Perhaps it will become the option browser like firefox.

Hi Blackwingcat,

if it is simple and you have free time, could you produce an installer for IE6SP3, like the one for the extended kernel?

regards

Hi, Just coming out of windows 98 kernel ex and I have 1 machine that is a win2k server which I need to keep running for the for see able future. I have managed to install V1.5 for this machine but can't bring it up to V2.2 because of the MS12-095 issue. I understand there is an ISO that it can be extracted from but I can't seem to find it in the ISO. If someone would be so kind as to let me know what I need to do to finish the V2.2 upgrade it would be appreciated. THX!

Hi,

What is MS12-095 issue ?

(Is it the future Microsoft Security Hole? http://technet.microsoft.com/ja-jp/security/bulletin/ms12-095 )

On Windows 2000 iso file can be mount by Microsoft VCD Driver.

Hi, Just coming out of windows 98 kernel ex and I have 1 machine that is a win2k server which I need to keep running for the for see able future. I have managed to install V1.5 for this machine but can't bring it up to V2.2 because of the MS12-095 issue. I understand there is an ISO that it can be extracted from but I can't seem to find it in the ISO. If someone would be so kind as to let me know what I need to do to finish the V2.2 upgrade it would be appreciated. THX!