KernelEx for Win2000

Hi,

I will check IcemanNDs DriverBackup and nLite Integrate.

On my environment Realtek 8168 NIC Card has any problem

So I use older version.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1543455.html

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1545181.html

You can also use faster device USB 3.0

Hi, Black Wing Cat! I've been watching and dreaming for a while and am finally making the leap ... with lots of help from tomasz86, for rollups and hfslip especially

I'm installing a 2000 system in msi p43neo3, core2duo, 2 gig ddr2, ich10r, p43, gforce 7300 256ddr2, realtek 8111c lan, realtek alc888 with two tiny speakers and 70 meg driver, jmicron fd-pata-sata, ...

Wherever I've found them, I've followed the links to your pages to look for a download ... google can translate everything but the drop down boxes, where I select the os, and chipset and etc.

The computer I'm building is offline so I can't use your automatic system scanner.

Can you post or PM me with direct links for my system ...

KernelEx driver is the main one, so I can run IcemanNDs DriverBackup program -- both versions 0.73 and 2.189 make calls which 2K kernel can't handle ...

the intel XP-driver for ICH10R seems to work fine so far in 2K, and the driver is small so I'm not worried ... but if you suggest something I'll try it ... sata and usb are fast compared to my current system ... sata1 to sata2 is 30m/sec for file transfers under Total Commander, USB is 6-8m/s

is there a smaller "plain vanilla" driver I could use for the realtek sound chip - I have simple 2 audio, voice only, with small speakers

the gForce 7300-256 video driver is kind of heavy and it has this feature where it graps 10% of mainboard memory to make 512m video ram (256 video card +10% of main board memory) ... sounds clunky

until tomasz86 finishes his drivers integrator for hfslip, can nLite integrate your drivers? can they be installed by command line into a running system?

sorry for all the basic noob questions ... I'm delighted that 2k is so alive and well!

thanks ... molecule

I analyzed it.

But it seems Daemon tools Lite program has some problem.

I think It occurs from DTL own bugs.

So Don't install DT Soft Bus Driver.

Can you fix Daemon Tools Lite, to use on Win2000. Current version (4.45.4.0316) doesn't work, only

STOP

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

**Address 804F573A base at 804D7000, DateStamp 4ff7f93a - ntoskrnl.exe

Edited by blackwingcat

Hi,

Perhaps it is problem since 2.2c or 2.2d.

I fixed on 2.2e

Thx

(But I know Java 7 on Win2000 has some problems.

Some application would not back the response )

Hi blackwingcat, the latest kernel 2.2d breaks Java 7.7 on Firefox nightly as the browser just crashes.

So far I haven't tried the Java 6 version with 2.2d but since kernel 17n and Java 7.7 get along good together I've reinstalled kernel 17n for now.

Edit: the minimum requirements for kernel 2.2d were installed, including the IE6 update and Root. Except for Java everything seemed to work alright.

Thanks, unfortunately have to use Java every now and then so if it doesn't work good under the latest kernel I can always regress back to 17n.

After installing 2.2 there was an extra service running in Task Manager but couldn't figure out what it was. Finally nailed it down to Cryptographic Services? After reverting to 17n it was manually deleted from the Registry since it couldn't be stopped, only disabled. The uninstaller doesn't remove it apparently.

Thanks, unfortunately have to use Java every now and then so if it doesn't work good under the latest kernel I can always regress back to 17n.

The new versions of Java don't work properly in Win2k regardless of the kernel version.

Hi

Some of you may know that I have been trying to make a Korean version of KernelEx...

At some point, I made it, thanks to the helpful suggestion of you guys.

After install of v22e, accidentally I opened the setup log file and I found many lines of failure message.

I think many messages are just void and ignorable, but not all.

I can see also that registration of some DLLs have failed.

Any ideas?

[KB935839-v22e.log]

================================================================================

5.531: GetGenericPathNameWithRoot: Unable to open HKLM, SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ResKit\NameSpace\Windows 2000 Resource Kit, 0x2.

5.531: SetDynamicDirectoryId: Failure while generating dynamic path, 0xf111

5.531: GetGenericPathNameWithRoot: Unable to open HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\eudcedit.exe, 0x2.

5.610: DoInstallation: FetchSourceURL for e:\work\v22e-kor\update\update.inf failed

5.610: LoadFileQueues: UpdSpGetSourceFileLocation for halaacpi.dll failed: 0xe0000102

45.297: Starting process: regsvr32 /s credui.dll

45.360: Return Code = 0

45.360: Starting process: regsvr32 /s cryptui.dll

45.485: Return Code = 3

45.485: Starting process: regsvr32 /s sccsccp.dll

45.922: Return Code = 4

45.922: Starting process: regsvr32 /s sccbase.dll

46.000: Return Code = 0

46.000: Starting process: regsvr32 /s msftedit.dll

46.094: Return Code = 4

46.094: Starting process: regsvr32 /s wintrust.dll

46.156: Return Code = 3

46.156: Starting process: regsvr32 /s mfc40.dll

46.360: Return Code = 0

46.360: Starting process: regsvr32 /s mfc42.dll

46.531: Return Code = 0

46.531: Starting process: regsvr32 /s mfc42u.dll

46.594: Return Code = 0

46.594: Starting process: regsvr32 /s licdll.dll

46.672: Return Code = 3

================================================================================

Hi.

You can ignore "Return Code = 4", "Failure while generating dynamic path, 0xf111" and "halaacpi.dll failed: 0xe0000102"

But "Return Code = 3 " may be had problem.

Try to regsvr after reboot.

regsvr32 cryptui.dll

regsvr32 wintrust.dll

regsvr32 licdll.dll

Hi

Some of you may know that I have been trying to make a Korean version of KernelEx...

At some point, I made it, thanks to the helpful suggestion of you guys.

After install of v22e, accidentally I opened the setup log file and I found many lines of failure message.

I think many messages are just void and ignorable, but not all.

I can see also that registration of some DLLs have failed.

Any ideas?

[KB935839-v22e.log]

5.531: GetGenericPathNameWithRoot: Unable to open HKLM, SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ResKit\NameSpace\Windows 2000 Resource Kit, 0x2.

5.531: GetGenericPathNameWithRoot: Unable to open HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\eudcedit.exe, 0x2.

5.610: DoInstallation: FetchSourceURL for e:\work\v22e-kor\update\update.inf failed

5.610: LoadFileQueues: UpdSpGetSourceFileLocation for halaacpi.dll failed: 0xe0000102

45.297: Starting process: regsvr32 /s credui.dll

45.360: Return Code = 0

45.360: Starting process: regsvr32 /s cryptui.dll

45.485: Return Code = 3

45.485: Starting process: regsvr32 /s sccsccp.dll

45.922: Return Code = 4

45.922: Starting process: regsvr32 /s sccbase.dll

46.000: Return Code = 0

46.000: Starting process: regsvr32 /s msftedit.dll

46.094: Return Code = 4

46.094: Starting process: regsvr32 /s wintrust.dll

46.156: Return Code = 3

46.156: Starting process: regsvr32 /s mfc40.dll

46.360: Return Code = 0

46.360: Starting process: regsvr32 /s mfc42.dll

46.531: Return Code = 0

46.531: Starting process: regsvr32 /s mfc42u.dll

46.594: Return Code = 0

46.594: Starting process: regsvr32 /s licdll.dll

46.672: Return Code = 3

BlackWingCat, u're right.

These files are properly registered after REBOOT: cryptui.dll, wintrust.dll, licdll.dll

Some more problems here:

(1) I still cannot register "propsys.dll", it says "cannot load to register...". Can I just ignore this issue?

(2) "dwmapi.dll" is not installed or copied to System folder. It's very WEIRD 'cos it's definitely in the copy list in "update.inf".

(3) Is "KB931125-Root Certificate Update" really required? I did not install this package because the MS's update page asks me to verify XP system before download.

Thanks.

Edited by danny111

Yes, they were installed in My virtual English environment .

@blackwingcat

It's same here. Cryptui.dll, wintrust.dll and licdll.dll can't be registered. Do they register on your system? :blink:

You must install most recent "KB931125-Root Certificate Update", because IE6.0sp1 security update(MS12-052) requires it.

BlackWingCat, u're right.

These files are properly registered after REBOOT: cryptui.dll, wintrust.dll, licdll.dll

Some more problems here:

(1) I still cannot register "propsys.dll", it says "cannot load to register...". Can I just ignore this issue?

(2) "dwmapi.dll" is not installed or copied to System folder. It's very WEIRD 'cos it's definitely in the copy list in "update.inf".

(3) Is "KB931125-Root Certificate Update" really required? I did not install this package because the MS's update page asks me to verify XP system before download.

Thanks.

I uploaded Extended kernel v22f and RDP v7.0 client for Windows 2000. :)

I'm posting this here as I'm sure it requires some bit of kernel extension. Unfortunately I think this is the case where you'll gain something but also lose something. It is possible to get video thumbnails working in Windows 2000. As long as you can get your hands on a copy of shmedia.dll from Windows XP, copy it to the system32 folder, and then use open a command prompt and type in regsvr32 shmedia.dll and press enter to load it into memory.

But now there is one more vital step you need to follow. The general instructions are here under workaround: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292499

However, in step 3, substitute .gif with .wmv, .avi, or whatever else (I've only tested this with those two file formats though) Edit: This doesn't work with .mov files as far as I know

Now in step 10, substitute that value with {c5a40261-cd64-4ccf-84cb-c394da41d590}.

Now right click in a folder that contains these video files and choose thumbnail view. If done correctly, it should display the very first frame as a thumbnail preview just as Windows XP does. However, it seems the drawback from using this is it shows up as an image thumbnail in left explorer bar rather than showing an actual video preview using a small Windows Media Player bar.

So whether or not this is for you, is up to you. I'm only posting it in this thread as I imagine it does require blackwingcat's kernel extension. Hope this helps someone anyway.

Edited by SearanoX