KernelEx for Win2000

@blackwingcat

FreeFileSync doesn't work with kernel v21a :( It works in a "stock" system. After installing the kernel it doesn't even start.

DRWatson error from Event Viewer:

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 09/08/2012 @ 09:13:55.507 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 02691535 (getIconByIndex)
Edited by tomasz86

The crash reason is the ImageList structure of windows 2000 is different from XP's.

You can run it with the follwoing way.

* download Windows XP MS12-048:

* extract WindowsXP-KB2691442-x86-XXX.exe /x

* copy shell32.dll to %ProgramFiles%\FreeFileSync\Bin

@blackwingcat

FreeFileSync doesn't work with kernel v21a :( It works in a "stock" system. After installing the kernel it doesn't even start.

DRWatson error from Event Viewer:

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 09/08/2012 @ 09:13:55.507 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 02691535 (getIconByIndex)

I think Terminal Service also related with DCOM Server Process Launcher.

Are there any idea ?

Can you add to

advapi32:

I_ScSendTSMessage

rpcrt4:

RpcSsContextLockExclusive

crypt32:

CryptProtectMemory

These functions are required by Terminal Services, from Win2003

Hi.

I have already replied it.

Did you find the dlls ?

If you could't find try to use dependency walker.

Incidentally, I remember you said that adding NT6 kernel functions might/will cause problems. Can you give us an insight as to why this is?

Edited by blackwingcat

I must've missed it then, I apologize. I will look back on previous posts.

And wait, what DLLs am I looking for? I do use Dependency Walker quite a bit and that's how I usually come up with what I'm looking for. Is there anyway to start getting a few Vista programs working on Windows 2000, such as Vista's MSPaint? I imagine 7's will be a little more difficult but I didn't think Vista's version was much different than 2000/XP's.

Another way.

Seach older kernel32.dll and kernelxp.dll with Windows Explorer from your drive.

Next version exntended Kenel will make work the applications which are compiled with Visual Studio 2012 (with /MT /Mtd option).

But it is difficult that you run Vista MSPaint and etc.

I must've missed it then, I apologize. I will look back on previous posts.

And wait, what DLLs am I looking for? I do use Dependency Walker quite a bit and that's how I usually come up with what I'm looking for. Is there anyway to start getting a few Vista programs working on Windows 2000, such as Vista's MSPaint? I imagine 7's will be a little more difficult but I didn't think Vista's version was much different than 2000/XP's.

Oh right, now I remember! Stupid work really has me stressed out. Anyway, I haven't seen any old kernel32.dll/kernelXP.dll on my drive. However, since I've updated the extended kernel, the errors seem to have stopped. I haven't received them in a few days. I checked the assembly like you said and I didn't see anything in there either so maybe the problem took care of itself.

Windows Media Center update: It seems to rely on MS .NET Framework v1.0.3705. I think I've gotten through just about all the hoops except it has an error saying it requires Windows XP Media Center Edition to run so now I'm trying to work around that. However, using fcwin and compatibility mode isn't working so I will be looking for other alternatives and see what I can come up with.

Where is the kernel extension available for download? I checked your blog but I don't see anything new except for v2.1b. Was there a problem with the newest release that it's not up there or is it on a separate download page?