KernelEx for Win2000

You were right about the log-in problem. I've just tested it in a Korean version of Win2k where I forcibly installed your JPN kernel and after that I could log-in into a Google Account from SRWare Iron. Unfortunately it didn't have any effect on the problem described above (#155) :( The browser still freezed and I don't know if it's a Windows 2000 issue or if there's a problem in the MSFN forum's Messenger.

Edited by tomasz86

I reported this problem.

It is VMWare Player's driver's bug.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1672114.html

Plz see this article.

Hi Blackwingcat,

I tried your new driver videoprt.sys 5.0.2195.6825 (KB829884-v3) in an installation of W2K in virtual machine (VMPlayer 4.0.3).

At reboot I have a BSOD.

http://ge.tt/68t62QJ/v/0?c

If I use previous file 5.0.2195.6824 (KB829884) no problem.

Regards.

I tried your new driver videoprt.sys 5.0.2195.6825 (KB829884-v3) in an installation of W2K in virtual machine (VMPlayer 4.0.3).

At reboot I have a BSOD.

I can confirm BlackWingCat's words that there are no problems with the update on a real computer and also no problems in a VirtualBox VM.

Hi Blackwingcat

no hope for an italian (language) version of the extended kernel ?

I've downloaded the last english version (Windows2000-KB935839-v15r-x86-ENU) and...

i was thinking to modding all the eng. res. replacing them with those already present in the original ita version (5.0.2195.7135).

Do you think that could work ?

thanks in advance and...

regards

(hackeronte)

i was thinking to modding all the eng. res. replacing them with those already present in the original ita version (5.0.2195.7135).

Files in European versions of Win2k are exchangeable. You can even install the English kernel in your system but then some parts of it will change into English.

I must gather more several italic version DLLs for creating Italic version kernel.

So I need some times. Plz wait. :)

Hi Blackwingcat

no hope for an italian (language) version of the extended kernel ?

I've downloaded the last english version (Windows2000-KB935839-v15r-x86-ENU) and...

Do you think that could work ?

thanks in advance and...

regards

(hackeronte)

And almost dlls are different Base Addresses.

So I think we must convert them.

Files in European versions of Win2k are exchangeable. You can even install the English kernel in your system but then some parts of it will change into English.

I've successfully installed:

1) English updates in a Polish system = no problem

2) Your JPN kernel in a Korean system = no problem

3) Other people installed WildBill's kernel in a French and German systems = no problems

I believe European languages are exchangeable and East Asian languages also (at least Korean and Japanese for sure). It means you can apply an English update to a Polish system and also you can apply a Japanese update to a Korean system but you mustn't apply an English update to a Japanese system and vice versa. There are also some language neutral files that are shared by all language versions of Windows.

Hi Blackwingcat,

Thanks A LOT :w00t: for your reply, your INFINITE kindness and, obviously, your efforts in this amazing project

Of course, I'll wait patiently :P and at your orders :hello:

About those "more several italic version DLLs" if I can be of help in some way, please don't hesitate to ask

regards

(hackeronte)