disabling caching in memory manager

Cosmin3

1. why have you installed this hotfix?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2398906

You don't use more than 128 CPU(Cores).

I didn't know that is for more than 128 CPU(Cores).

I added these hotfixes from http://solor.wtf.la./Windows.7/Hotfixes to Windows 7 DVD (using RT7Lite) like I was advised in "Unattended Windows 7/Server 2008R2" section.

I looked at the description of some of them but they were too many to check them all.

I look at the dump and tell you the results later.

Thank you.

Edited by Cosmin3

Unfortunately I have to use it because is the only one that can remove some Windows files/features that I don't need + many tweaks + I can make an unattended install.

I will try to use first WinIntegrator and then Rt7Lite...

Dism - I don't know how to use it (yet)...

Later edit:

Oh, I tried to use WinIntegrator and it gave me the error "Cannot mount image".

It's not from the Temporary folder (it is set on a partition with 200 GB free space).

Second time I tried it said: "DISM exit code '87'"

Edited by Cosmin3

don't use this tool, WinIntegrator from Stefan is better. Or mount the Image yourself and use DISM to integrate the updates.

What's wrong with it? Not like I love it too much either, but it's probably the best tool for that purpose currently available.

Stefan's tool is in same state as 7Customizer - dead.

RT7lite works the same like vLite and simply deletes the files while WinIntegrator uses the packages to remove the features. The deleting approach causes update failures. Removing functions with WinIntegrator breaks nothing and you can install for example the Sp1.

What do you mean by "uses the packages to remove features"? The same behavior of Add/remove windows features from Programs and features in Control panel?

I read both RT7's thread here and their own forum rather carefully and I haven't seen anyone failing to either integrate or install updates, unless he removed specific key system features. I am also not aware of not being able to install the SP either. In fact, there is a version which allows you to slipstream it.

I know how it works - very roughly though. Ten millions of files and registry entries, bundled up into packages of which specific os parts consist. People claim that physically deleting the files causes all kinds of problems, but I haven't seen such behavior yet, if you know what are you removing and don't get rid of something other things depend on.