Fully unattended installation just by one click !

Hi

It's been a long time since my last login here. feels good to be back. I really missed it.

I have some questions but first i should explain something.

Two years ago i was able to create a fully unattended windows xp installation (I updated it last year). It starts through the current windows XP. Just by one click (using autorun), setup starts to perform the following phases (unattended !) :

1- Removes the old operating system

2- Installs Windows XP SP3 + IE8 + WMP11 + necessary drivers + all the updates till then

3- Installs about 30 useful softwares which are most common ( at least for me )

4- Performs Some Optimizations for performance and speed + cleaning up, preparing themes, some GUI change and etc

5- Done ! The new windows is perfect & ready.

note1 : I should thank the driverpacks.net for the drivers and the method to use them in windows setup.

note2 : I used the WPI to customize selection of softwares( and I'm thankful for their product ) but I created the unattended setups myself.

note3 : It is possible if you want to install it using boot method, It is unattended too, except instead of one click you have to select the drive you want to install to and press Enter.

It might seem easy at first but honestly it took me two years to finish it. ( although i wasn't working on it the whole time, I had a job ! )

My first question : I've tested it a lot on different PCs and Laptops and it works perfect but i want others to use it too. Is this something worth publishing or I was wasting my time ?

My second question : If its worth something, could it have some profits for me ? :D

My third question : Isn't it illegal to publish what I've done to windows files and softwares setups ?

thanks in advance

Here's some screenshots :

post-167727-0-95660200-1293965451_thumb.

post-167727-0-85970300-1293965259_thumb.

post-167727-0-93540100-1293965292_thumb.

post-167727-0-53203900-1293965307_thumb.

post-167727-0-62081900-1293965322_thumb.

post-167727-0-13557200-1293965462_thumb.

You came here asking if it is OK to release a warez edition of XP (for profit!) or am I completely misunderstanding you? :blink:

Edited by -X-

You came here asking if it is OK to release a warez edition of XP or am I completely misunderstanding you? :blink:

No, i should have described it more clear.

I want to publish the source not the warez result.

Like what you did in the PDF file describing how to make windows installation unattended !

But there's a problem, I'm not sure if it's legal because it's far more than what you said in that ebook.

You have me confused with someone else. I made no PDF but remember someone else did. I think the guy that types with a mouth stick did it.

I'm not sure. What do you mean by the source?

You have me confused with someone else. I made no PDF but remember someone else did. I think the guy that types with a mouth stick did it.

I meant this : http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/

I'm not sure. What do you mean by the source?

I mean the codes, the source files I've created, the methods I've used to implement all this into windows setup.

My English is not that much good to explain what i mean but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

I assume it's not that much interesting to others as it was to me.

I was just trying to share things that I've learned with others but apparently i was mistaken to share it here ! :(

I assume it's not that much interesting to others as it was to me.

I was just trying to share things that I've learned with others but apparently i was mistaken to share it here ! :(

Not at all.

Anything is interesting. :thumbup

As long as you:

1. do not "publish" non-redistributable MS (or other third party) code/binary files
  2. your tutorial/illustrative document does not contain "cracks" or ways to circumvent activation, proper licensing, etc.

it is allright (and much appreciated) to share it. (here or elsewhere)

jaclaz

Anything is interesting. :thumbup

As long as you:

1. do not "publish" non-redistributable MS (or other third party) code/binary files
  2. your tutorial/illustrative document does not contain "cracks" or ways to circumvent activation, proper licensing, etc.

it is allright (and much appreciated) to share it. (here or elsewhere)

jaclaz

Well thanks jaclaz

Maybe it's better to create a website or an ebook and then share it with the members.

I'll look into it.

good luck

Make a website. Put a donate button on it. Tell them how much time and effort went into making the guide, etc. Say please donate if you can!

Hi

It's been a long time since my last login here. feels good to be back. I really missed it.

I have some questions but first i should explain something.

Two years ago i was able to create a fully unattended windows xp installation (I updated it last year). It starts through the current windows XP. Just by one click (using autorun), setup starts to perform the following phases (unattended !) :

1- Removes the old operating system

2- Installs Windows XP SP3 + IE8 + WMP11 + necessary drivers + all the updates till then

3- Installs about 30 useful softwares which are most common ( at least for me )

4- Performs Some Optimizations for performance and speed + cleaning up, preparing themes, some GUI change and etc

5- Done ! The new windows is perfect & ready.

note1 : I should thank the driverpacks.net for the drivers and the method to use them in windows setup.

note2 : I used the WPI to customize selection of softwares( and I'm thankful for their product ) but I created the unattended setups myself.

note3 : It is possible if you want to install it using boot method, It is unattended too, except instead of one click you have to select the drive you want to install to and press Enter.

It might seem easy at first but honestly it took me two years to finish it. ( although i wasn't working on it the whole time, I had a job ! )

My first question : I've tested it a lot on different PCs and Laptops and it works perfect but i want others to use it too. Is this something worth publishing or I was wasting my time ?

My second question : If its worth something, could it have some profits for me ? :D

My third question : Isn't it illegal to publish what I've done to windows files and softwares setups ?

thanks in advance

Here's some screenshots :

post-167727-0-95660200-1293965451_thumb.

post-167727-0-85970300-1293965259_thumb.

post-167727-0-93540100-1293965292_thumb.

post-167727-0-53203900-1293965307_thumb.

post-167727-0-62081900-1293965322_thumb.

post-167727-0-13557200-1293965462_thumb.

its useful for me,you are the person im searching for if you are here to help then i have question for you,i want install software silently with key,how can i do that,could tell me that???????????????

Thanks -X- for the guidance.

I'm a little unfamiliar with the rules. I appreciate the tip.

But I'm not sure when I'll be able to make time to do all that.

In fact my point was to help, the " profit " part of my questions wasn't serious.

and deathdragon,

I'm sure there are a lot of people here more qualified than me but yeah, I'll try to be around if someone had a question about it.

however you have to be more specific, don't expect me to describe all the 5000 line of codes that I've written for this project.

For starters checkout the USSF (universal silent switch finder). I'm sure you'll find it quite useful.

i am interested in that too

also, i would like to adjust the preferences of my favorite programs automatically after windows installation (for example in opera browser that i use)

Well I haven't work on that specifically but I've done the same many times for other softwares. Most ofthem save their settings in registry or another file (*.ini or *.inf or ...)

you can change them manually once and track down the software's activity using another program like filemon and regmon from sysinternals tools. these tools are freeware.

wait a second apparently according to microsoft : FileMon and Regmon are no longer available for download. They have been replaced by Process Monitor :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896642

I hope that helps.

Thanks -X- for the guidance.

I'm a little unfamiliar with the rules. I appreciate the tip.

But I'm not sure when I'll be able to make time to do all that.

In fact my point was to help, the " profit " part of my questions wasn't serious.

and deathdragon,

I'm sure there are a lot of people here more qualified than me but yeah, I'll try to be around if someone had a question about it.

however you have to be more specific, don't expect me to describe all the 5000 line of codes that I've written for this project.

For starters checkout the USSF (universal silent switch finder). I'm sure you'll find it quite useful.

i have tried universal silent switch finder but that dont work for all,as it didnt work for photoshop cs5,im nt telling to explain each line,why dont you sent your code to us we will try to figure out from it,it will better if post two different code,means like code for installing software A and code for installing software B,so that we could figure out different and use for our own software

i have tried universal silent switch finder but that dont work for all

I didn't say that USSF is gonna work for all the softwares out there, I said ( and I'm quoting B) ) : " I'm sure you'll find it quite useful "

and it is useful, but that just gives you a hint on how the silent switches work.

why dont you sent your code to us we will try to figure out from it,it will better if post two different code,means like code for installing software A and code for installing software B,so that we could figure out different and use for our own software

Lets just say that its not as easy as software A and software B, the number of ways to automate softwares is nearly as much as the number of softwares themselves.

I can teach you fishing instead of giving you the fish. So listen carefully. If USSF didn't work for that specific situation, then these might come in handy :

-Some softwares follow a common way to giveaway their silent switches, assuming the name of the setup file is setup.exe then the code would be : " setup.exe /? " or " setup.exe /help " or " setup.exe /h " or something like those. that switch would show you the other switches for this software plus a description their job.

-Some other softwares don't tell you their switches this easy and just save it for the pro users (distributers or etc). in this case you might find it on the web. just search about switches for your software and be patient.

-The rest of the softwares might not have any switches at all, so you can use other ways to automate their setup like " Autoit ".

Besides there's always place for innovation in this journey. so don't lose your hope.