Problem Integrating Hotfixes for Win XP SP2

smithwigglesworth0

I installed the original XP Pro CD using VirtualBox and it gave me no errors when I typed the CD key but when I SlipStreamed it with XP3 then it gave me invalid key errors. It gave me errors for both the keys. The key which is in the CD in the SERIAL.TX and as well as the key thats is "i386" folder that is in UNATTENDED.TXT. Both wont work.

I also noticed that after SlipStreaming with SP3, the new ISO image doesnt have the UNATTENDED.TXT file inside the "i386" folder. Would that be a problem ?

Edited by smithwigglesworth0

I used the original XP Pro Sp1 CD with NLite. I chose the fully "Automated Mode" and also typed the serial key that was in "UNATTENDED.TXT" file in NLite option box. Surprisingly this time it let me install. But during installation it asked me to type Serial Key. Shouldnt typing the serial key in Nlite Option box make it not to ask me the serial key during installation ??

Also the serial in "UNATTENDED.TXT" file didnt work. But the key in "SERIAL.TXT" worked and it allowed me to go further with the installation

We cannot help you any further as you are using stolen, illegal, warez!

Please re-read the forum rules...

I was using images from torrent sites. But as I said I also have a very old XP1 CD thats original. Its mine. Its genuine. I still have the booklet with the serial key. Will you help me with that ?

No wonder you were having problems!

Install that original SP1 (not XP1) in a virtual machine without doing anything to it and report back.

OK, now using nLite and the key, slip just the Full SP3 (approx. 324 MegaBytes) into the SP1 CD, create the ISO, and retest. You should have a fully (if done properly) unattended SP3 install without entering a key (etc.).

If so, re-run exactly the same way (again from the SP1 CD, not the Slipped copy) but include any/all Hotfixes and any Add-Ons you wish to include in addition to the SP3.

The Key - valid, I hope - DON'T ACTIVATE WITH IT YET if it's not a VLK or you reduce the number of activations.

The only other possible way is if you use the OEM-specific files and key (for your OEM pc) for "pre-activation" (another topic/thread irrelevant to this topic/thread).