HTPC Motherboard w/Onboard USB 3.0

morocco31477

I'm going to be building a HTPC soon. I need a motherboard that has onboard USB 3.0 so that I can connect the front USB ports of my case (I want USB 3.0 in the front, not 2.0). All the motherboards I find have USB 3.0 for the back ports, but the onboard is 2.0. Does anyone know of any models?

HTPCs are all about form factor. If we are thinking the same thing here, I found a couple already... such as:

Zotac H55ITX-C-E

Gigabyte H55N-USB3

However you may find more if you go here, which is what I typed in:

(because posting google links is unruly)

:angel

If you are looking for larger sized boards, there may be more options out there.

I'm going to be building a HTPC soon. I need a motherboard that has onboard USB 3.0 so that I can connect the front USB ports of my case (I want USB 3.0 in the front, not 2.0). All the motherboards I find have USB 3.0 for the back ports, but the onboard is 2.0. Does anyone know of any models?

Those are hard to find as you already noticed; ASRock was showing off with their front USB 3.0 "connector", but that's the only one I know of so far. by the way, for HTPC, altrough it has no USB 3.0 front ports, check out a AMD E-350 based board (APU), review here on AnandTech, and a board from Gigabyte here.

When I have more time I'll dig trough the ASRock site to see if I can find some info ;).