integrating many drivers

Cosmin3

I noticed a strange thing.

Until yesterday I integrated just the MCP 68 AHCI driver.

I tried to integrate also the NVidia Display driver.

When I tested the result in VirtualBox, there were many devices without drivers in Device Manager (instead of 2, like it was before). Installing VirtualBox Guest additions helped but not 100%.

For example I couldn't find one driver not even in all the driverpacks.

On some forums I read that is not advisable to integrate many drivers with nlite and that Driverpacks should be used in such situations.

Is it true or is there another solution...?

The results from a virtual machine should really not concern you; they are not the same as in a live system. I myself normally integrate all the drivers for my PC (video, audio, modem, chipset, SD/MS card, network, hotkey...) and have never had a problem up to now. nLite has successfully integrated them and the PC was able to recognize them and install them.

Cheers

I succeeded in integrating most of the drivers.

There are 2 minor problems:

1. The HDD is seen as "removable" instead of "fixed" but it's ok I guess;

2. I disabled all from Unattended >> Network settings >> Custom >> Common settings >> Clients/Protocol/Services settings.

But I still see that most are enabled:

lanp.png

Last Session.zip

2. I disabled all from Unattended >> Network settings >> Custom >> Common settings >> Clients/Protocol/Services settings.

But I still see that most are enabled:

Sorry for the double edit...

Maybe you also need to disable it for the exact adapter on that same screen (entering its mac adress for nLite to know what you're talking about.

Edited by Ponch

After using this version for some time, the HDD been seen as "removable" is kind of annoying.

I have some programs who are showing a list with removable drives and I have to be careful every time not to select it + I can't know if there is a USB stick plugged in by looking if there is the icon displayed or not in the tray.

Is there a way to change it back to "fixed" (preferably during installation, not after)..?

Thank you.

Edited by Cosmin3

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out how to hide the "Safely remove hardware" tray icon for my internal Hdd(s).

I have to add this to registry and reboot:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvatabus]
"DisableRemovable"=dword:00000001

I want to add it to XP CD. I already have a reg file who is made addon and it is installed in T-13. I could add this to that file.

The question is if it's gonna work because I don't know when the SATA driver (integrated with NLite) is installed.

Edited by Cosmin3