corporate=true is not working in Windows Update

pichorra

Hello guys, i have a computer where is running Windows 98Se, and i has a disc where i have all Windows 98SE Portuguese-BR updates, but, unfortunable, i lost it. So, i want to download again those updates from Windows Update to burn into a disc, but i can't!. The corporate command for windows update is not working!

I'm trying to download the updates from a XP computer.

tanx.

I'm trying to download the updates from a XP computer.

tanx.

At the MS Catalog site, last I knew, one had to be using win98 in order to see and then select the win98 archive. You also need to using at least IE 5.50 SP2 or IE 6 as well. Javascript has to be working along with ActiveX and you want to select "Find Microsoft Windows Updates" in the left panel in order to get to the catalog section. You don't need to wait for the opening site to "determine" if you have proper software installed, you won't be using it anyway.

The old corporate site for win98 hasn't worked for years, they didn't have the latest updates there either. I am not clear on what you mean by "the corporate command for windows update is not working", which is obviously a lanuage problem.

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/

The Catalog site is the only MS site that I know of that has the latest win98 updates available for download and saving to CD or other storage media. They appear to have Portuguese BR as a language choice and several updates for download.

And then there is this alternate to the old Corporate site, in english. But I can't see my way to the equivalent page in Portuguese so one may not exist. I do seem to recall several language versions available from the Knowledge Base articles quite often if that helps any.

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1139

That's all I have on the subject any more, hope it helps...

An addendum - install VirtualPC (free from MS), install it, then install your 98SE in a Virtual Environment (with networking) then go to the above-mentioned website (in case you don't have your 98SE already installed somewhere).