Extra Spaces when pressing Enter at end of info.

uncledewey

When at the end of a line of info, and I wish to go to the next line, I press Enter so I can enter data on the next line. However, when I do this I get a double space whereas if the data I'm entering goes to the next line as I'm at the end of the line it only single spaces.

If that makes any sense to you I'm hoping you could explain what is happening. Thanks a bunch, Uncle Dewey

When at the end of a line of info, and I wish to go to the next line, I press Enter so I can enter data on the next line. However, when I do this I get a double space whereas if the data I'm entering goes to the next line as I'm at the end of the line it only single spaces.

If that makes any sense to you I'm hoping you could explain what is happening. Thanks a bunch, Uncle Dewey

I think you're referring to paragraph spacing. Word uses paragraph styles to control such things. You can switch to a style that has different spacing, or you can modify the style you are using.

If you hit ctrl-shift-8 to reveal non-printing marks, you will see whether only one paragraph space is involved. If so, it's definitely a question of the paragraph style.

p.

• 2 weeks later...