Problem with 2 CAB Files from Windows ME

leo

Hello, I am unable open two cab files from Windows ME. They are:

1) CATALOG.CAB

2) WIN_22.CAB

7-Zip 9.20 opens the rest of the CAB files just fine.

I have misplaced my CD and would appreciate it if someone could please upload these 2 files.

Thanks

There is probably nothing wrong with those files. Thing is you can't open those with 7-Zip. Catalog.cab doesn't appear to actually be a a cab archive and the other one appears to be spanned with WIN_21.CAB, eg, if you open WIN_21.CAB you have access to the content of both WIN_21.CAB and WIN_22.CAB. To be confirmed or corrected by someone more knowledgeable than me.

Edited by loblo

There is probably nothing wrong with those files. Thing is you can't open those with 7-Zip. Catalog.cab doesn't appear to actually be a a cab archive and the other one appears to be spanned with WIN_21.CAB, eg, if you open WIN_21.CAB you have access to the content of both WIN_21.CAB and WIN_22.CAB. To be confirmed or corrected by someone more knowledgeable than me.

You're right about the cabinet files being spanned - but it's possible to extract the contents of each of the spanned cab files (Using the extract.exe or expand.exe utilities that come with Windows ME).

7-zip has been known to occasionally be unable to decompress some archives that it should have been able to decompress. :crazy:

Hello, thanks for the replies. Extract.exe did open win_22..cab but did not open catalog.cab.

Extract.exe reports catalog.cab is not a cab file. I at least now feel confident that my copy of WinME is not damaged.