Makecab problem

Weird!

When I use the command inside Start | Run

C:\Windows\system32\makecab.exe C:\LogonUI.exe C:\LogonUI.ex_

All is fine!

Just specify the output path (location).

You can also add inside your registry this reg file (output inside the same folder):

REGEDIT4

; Add command Expand and Makecab on right-click

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Expandit\command]
@="expand -r \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\MAKECAB\command]
@="\"makecab.exe\" \"%1\""

Edited by myselfidem

I try to compres a logon screen but after the _ file doesnt apear..same problm with dl files

pizdulica, if you will open Help and Support (Start menu) and look at the makecab command, you will see that the output is placed into the directory that the makecab command is currently running. Look in your C:\Documents and Settings\crystal directory and you will find the file. The makecab command output is normal. Enjoy, John.

thx all for your greathelp..i never believed that so good people are on this forum helping a noob:)..and i have a small reuest :if i can have some help in few others problems of mine(tip:search my posts:P) i will have my first unattended cd.:D

thx all for your greathelp..i never believed that so good people are on this forum helping a noob:)..and i have a small reuest :if i can have some help in few others problems of mine(tip:search my posts:P) i will have my first unattended cd.:D

pizdulica, you might consider nLite. Please see the forum below. It will automatically do many things for an unattended installation. For your modified boot screen, you will need to disable SFC (System File Checker) and nLite has an option for that - also search for boot screen changes - posted before. Enjoy, John.

nlite is what i use:P..i have only that 2 problems for now so after i can finish my raw cd ...:)

pizdulica, please open a thread in the nLite forum, attach your Last Session.ini and spell out your two problems. Enjoy, John.