Strip Windows Installation

therock003

I would like your opinions on which components services and whatnot to strip in order to install Win 7 on a new system and not have it run longer than 20+ GB. Every time i have installed the 7 it went 20-23GB just for the installation and since this is going to be an SSD i dont want so many space wasted with useless data.

I'm going to use the vLite application for the feature removal.

Is it possible to make it a 7 to 10 at most GB installation while still have essential functionality?

I would like your opinions on which components services and whatnot to strip in order to install Win 7 on a new system and not have it run longer than 20+ GB. Every time i have installed the 7 it went 20-23GB just for the installation and since this is going to be an SSD i dont want so many space wasted with useless data.

I'm going to use the vLite application for the feature removal.

Is it possible to make it a 7 to 10 at most GB installation while still have essential functionality?

How small is that SSD really?..

use 7Lite instead which is much better for window 7.

Wait i dont get it. What's with the 6GB installation? Is it just for the starter?

I just installed an unmodified win 7 home premium yesterday and it shaved a nice clean 14GB from my RAID 0 SSD. It dropped from 111.0 GB to 97.0 just after the first boot. I then instaleld basic drivers, framework 3.5 directx and catalyst 10.12, and now it;s 95.5 Free.

Think:

Pagefile = ram x 2.5

Oww, comeon ..... :w00t:

2.5 was a multiplier used in times RAM was really low.

With 4 Gb a multiplier of 0.50 to 1.05 is more realistic.

I would personally set it as 512 Mb fixed size, but you know how cheap I am. ;)

BTW, absolutely not wanting to start yet another pagefile size flame war. :)

jaclaz