Firefox 4

frogman

Yeah, same here.

Do you think it would have anything to do with RAM? as I only have 256 and it says FF4 needs 512.

What RAM do you have?

I don't think so - I have 1 GB of RAM (loblo twice more) and it doesn't help.

It must be software related but I don't know it's OS or browser or something else.

Btw, you've used your old Firefox profile (that was in my case)?

Edited by rainyd

Yeah, same here.

Do you think it would have anything to do with RAM? as I only have 256 and it says FF4 needs 512.

What RAM do you have?

I don't think so - I have 1 GB of RAM (loblo twice more) and it doesn't help.

It must be software related but I don't know it's OS or browser or something else.

Btw, you've used your old Firefox profile (that was in my case)?

Yes, I used my old profile when I installed FF4, I am back with 3.6.15

I just don't know why FF4 doesn't work on 98, I am sure I read that some users of 98 have it working on their systems, perhaps I mis-read them.

God knows which browser I will use when the FF3 build eventually is unsupported.

Edited by frogman

If your using 98 on older hard ware PLEASE PLEASE give this look i promise it's not spam i use it all the time cause the have version built for and optimized for older cpus including the the pentium 3 and 4 and athlon xp.

http://www.palemoon.org/

do me a favor and give the very first paragraph right there on the main page a read.

If your using 98 on older hard ware PLEASE PLEASE give this look i promise it's not spam i use it all the time cause the have version built for and optimized for older cpus including the the pentium 3 and 4 and athlon xp.

http://www.palemoon.org/

do me a favor and give the very first paragraph right there on the main page a read.

Thanks, but what good will that be to me, my problem isn't with FF3.6.15, the problem is with FF4 Final!

Edited by frogman

they will have future releases and when then do switch over to it. PM is a little less resource hungry. i hav 100mhz bus 384mb maxed and geforce 2 go and a 899mhz pentium 3.... laptop and i can run palemoon with chatzilla and handful of addons minimized AND the play a game.

no need to set compat mode with kernel ex it seems to work find by default. sorry to stray off topic I'm not sure if they will ever have an old cpu optimized version of FF4 but, i'm fairly sure they will make windows optimized version of FF4 before long.