Nero 10

Vivek

Is their any way to install nero 10 silently with the serial key throught command prompt.

I tried with /s /v' /q'' it install all the pre requisite but fail to install the main product "Nero.MultimediaSuite.VLBasic.msi" because of the serial key.

throught manual install.application work fine but silently it fails

any help would be great

Thank you for replying.

I tried in both way as link specified ...but application fail to accept serial key parameter.

In the eventvwr i can find this error "A serial number is missing"

Any other serial key Parameter that can be passed through command

help at this point would be grt

I have installed Nero 9 with this, it might be similar:

(@ComSpec & " /c c:\temp\nero9u\nero9\Setupx.exe /i /qb /NS SERIALNUMBER=" & Chr(34) & "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" & Chr(34) & " REBOOT=" & Chr(34) & "REALLYSUPPRESS" & Chr(34) & " EXCLUDEAPP=" & Chr(34) & "unit_app_75,unit_help_75" & Chr(34))

This is in AutoIT. I'm lazy to convert it to normal words... Anyways, if you use /NS you still need to specify a serial number, which is used just to install. After the product has finished installing, the product key is automatically removed. Does this help at all? FYI the excluded item is the Ask toolbar I think.

It is not working :(

I have checked inside the package but i found a DLL custom action executing this function(_MSIExtractFiles@4) and creating the serial key property value during execution.(Install Execute sequences)

Install UI sequenes it is take care by dialog box

It create a deflaut property as NERO.USER_KEY during execution.I created and pass this value but failed to take.

Any Idea how to pass the serial key inside the package.

I am not clear about these table

control table

control event table

control condition table

The only way I got it to work for me is to install it normally extract the serial number from the registry into a reg file.

Then install the reg file before I instal nero silently.

I only installing nero burning rom and not the whole package, but it should work the same.

I've only tested the silent install in vmware also.

• 1 month later...

I Got It ........................COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Extract the entire product,

Use the following command line

Msiexec /i NeroMultimediaSuiteVLBasic.msi /qn NERO.INCLUDED_KEY=XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX

Msiexec /i “vcredist.msi” /qn

vcredist_x86v9.0.30729.17.exe /q

vcredist_x86v9.0.30729.4148.exe /q

Directx_vALL.vbs(Entire Directx Product Installation)

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe /quiet

REBOOT

• 1 year later...

Long time since I upgraded my Nero but can the current version be done a similar way?

I have extracted the installer files to temp & really only require the "nero.burningrom.msi"

to install. I have all the other files including the ISSetupPrerequisites folder.

Any pointers always appreciated.