DISM\AIK - Drivers - duplicate files

Question about using DISM to inject out of box drivers for Win7.

With XP/sysprep I just copied drivers to the computer and appended hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion DevicePath key with each driver folder. Worked great for pnp drivers even printers etc.

Driver Injection with XP had issues with drivers that had the same file names but were distinctly different (inf, sys etc were the same name but different HWids/versions etc).

Does injecting with DISM have similar issues with multiple versions of the same driver?

I am still playing around with all the robust tools for win7 (nth degree of complexity vs xp lol)... the MDT tool does seem to seperate drivers into individual folders, but I don't think mdt is intended for our needs (single universal image file to be deployed locally aka ghost image)

Thanks

No problem injecting, windows 7 stores each driver in its own custom subfolder in %WinDir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

It uses the INF name, architecture, language and it then generates a custom hash number...here are some example driverstore folders of iastor.inf v9 and v10

\iastor.inf_amd64_neutral_05602dde0a28e7f4
\iastor.inf_amd64_neutral_f610710b4d5b0c20

Edited by ricktendo64

cool thanks - just like mdt...

No problem injecting, windows 7 stores each driver in its own custom subfolder in %WinDir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

It uses the INF name, architecture, language and it then generates a custom hash number...here are some example driverstore folders of iastor.inf v9 and v10

\iastor.inf_amd64_neutral_05602dde0a28e7f4
\iastor.inf_amd64_neutral_f610710b4d5b0c20