Exit&finish but no iso?

Wordsmith

Hi everyone

My friend just pointed me to nlite and I'm totally thrilled by what this program could do - if it did what it says it will.

I have set all the variables and shrunk the install folder, but when it gets to making an iso or burning a disk, the program just closes. No disk, no iso, nothing.

Running XP sp3 on a compag evo D310.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone

My friend just pointed me to nlite and I'm totally thrilled by what this program could do - if it did what it says it will.

I have set all the variables and shrunk the install folder, but when it gets to making an iso or burning a disk, the program just closes. No disk, no iso, nothing.

Running XP sp3 on a compag evo D310.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Wordsmith, welcome. The program did exactly what you told it to do. Please attach your Last Session.ini as requested in bold RED letters above. When you get to the Create a Bootable ISO screen, do not just click Next, but select what you want to do from the pull down menu. When the ISO/Disk is created, then click Next. Please remember to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and run nLite only once. BTW, your mistake is a common one. Enjoy, John.

Ah. Ze funs are starting. Install stopped with a cyclic redundancy warning. I guess it must be due to the install disk I used. It had already been tampered with.

So now I have a thoroughly formatted c drive and a non-functional install cd.

Someone please tell me there is light. This machine is my work you know.

Ah. Ze funs are starting. Install stopped with a cyclic redundancy warning. I guess it must be due to the install disk I used. It had already been tampered with.

So now I have a thoroughly formatted c drive and a non-functional install cd.

Someone please tell me there is light. This machine is my work you know.

Wordsmith, if the original CD is altered by some other SW (or nLite), then all bets are off and there may be no light for your installation using nLite. You may try just installing from the CD. As requested before, please attach your Last Session.ini and tell us exactly what has been done to your CD before. Also give us more information about your error. Enjoy, John.

As your still there we assume you hace a 2nd computer. Check both media (starting and result) with "cdcheck" (shareware). If the 1st one was bad (physically), you should have had errors running nLite (during 1st phase, file copy). It is still possible that your optical drive is defective or that the 2nd cd is badly burned, hence "cyclic redundancy".

As Johnhc said in his 1st post, you need to start with an original (full) cd.

By the way, nLite is for personal use only, so using it on your computer "for work" is not really allowed. And we still don't know what modifications you make with nLite.

Oh boy this is not pretty.

First, I didn't know it's not allowed for work use. I'm a writer, I need the (desktop) pc back to running so I can access my files.

I'm using my old powerbook now but I the cd drive is broken. And since the install failed I can't get to the session.ini, not from windows nor from the disk.

The message says:

SXS.DLL: driver syntax error in manifest or policy file: e:\I386\asms\1000\MSFT\windows\gdiplus.man on line 4.

Data error (cyclic redundancy error)

One of the components could not be installed.

The install disk I started with is similar I think to an nLite install. It's unattended, stripped of a bunch of things. I guess the problem starts there. What really sucks is that the pc won't start a new install with my original install disk. It boots up and wants to finish installation and of course crashes.

And if anyone wonders: I bought this machine with a registered windows, secondhand. It didn't come with a windows disk, which is why I started to use a hack job disk at some point when there were problems a few years ago. Piracy disclaimer, you know ;)

I've got a dos usb disk, but there's no fdisk or chkdsk or anything else on it. Just MSDOS.

Edited by Wordsmith

I've got a dos usb disk, but there's no fdisk or chkdsk or anything else on it. Just MSDOS.

fdisk is part of msdos. There are few freewares you can use as replacement, copying them on your USB disk. Just be sure to wipe the good thing (not your USB).

fdisk is part of msdos. There are few freewares you can use as replacement, copying them on your USB disk. Just be sure to wipe the good thing (not your USB).

Yes, I know. I managed to wipe the disk and reinstalled from my old hacked cd.

Thanks for your help guys.