My Unattended window CD cant format existing the file in the C drive.

Hi All,

I am new here.

Hello everyone.

I had created unattended cd with beginner version and its working well.

But, i found it cant format C drive before it installing the window xp.

Is that any script need to add-on?

Thanks for help.

it might be of your drive security. i had same problem but i solve it. my drive security was my name but when i change it to administrator it works..

for this go to properties of your c: drive and at security add administrator then at permission for administrators tick all allow.. and at advanced add administrattor to auditor and owner and replace it

if security doesn't show go to tools folder option \ \ view at last remove the tick of Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended)

and if this does't work try to format your drive with command if this also don't work you will need bootable softwares to format your drive

Edited by sanjeev18

it might be of your drive security. i had same problem but i solve it. my drive security was my name but when i change it to administrator it works..

for this go to properties of your c: drive and at security add administrator then at permission for administrators tick all allow.. and at advanced add administrattor to auditor and owner and replace it

if security doesn't show go to tools folder option \ \ view at last remove the tick of Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended)

and if this does't work try to format your drive with command if this also don't work you will need bootable softwares to format your drive

hi, thanks for reply.

I will try it later.

But, if my hdd already crashed, i cant even using unattended to install my window?

as i feel to edit the setting you guide me....

• 8 months later...