Is there any DVD Player that still works on Win95OSR and uses hardware

Comos

Hi Everyone,

is there any DVD player,that still work on Win95OSR2 and uses hardware decoding for MPEG2?

GFX card that I use is GF4 MX440,that according to the specs supports the hardware decoding,but how to utilize it under Win?

I tried PowedDVD 3,that is working ,but when I turn on hardware acceleration,then it shows up an internal error.Maybe it's too old to handle GF4.

When using software decoding, the AMD K6@400 handels it,but it's not smooth enough.

Thanks for advice

...I tried PowedDVD 3...

I'm not sure if it will help you or not, but according to this page PowerDVD XP (PowerDVD 4) will run on Windows 95. Power DVD 5 lists Windows 98 as a requirement, but I don't know if it really doesn't work or whether they just didn't want to support it. :unsure:

Okay,thanks.I will try the newer ones if I can get it to work

Hi Everyone,

is there any DVD player,that still work on Win95OSR2 and uses hardware decoding for MPEG2?

Hardware decoding of MPEG2 by the DVD player itself, implies a video output directly from the DVD player. Do such (internal) players exist? If so, look for some sort of connector at the back of the player, find out its details, then check for a video card that has an input for whatever type of signal this may be (fibre optic???). Anyway, I've not heard of DVD players having such a capability.

Joe.

Hi Everyone,

Hardware decoding of MPEG2 by the DVD player itself, implies a video output directly from the DVD player. Do such (internal) players exist? If so, look for some sort of connector at the back of the player, find out its details, then check for a video card that has an input for whatever type of signal this may be (fibre optic???). Anyway, I've not heard of DVD players having such a capability.

Joe.

I don't meant a pure DVD Player but a software DVD Player.Some players like PowerDVD, WinDVD, MP classic, MPlayer support it.Most of them run through DXVA...then you can reduce some CPU load.In Mplayer,the Vidix option can be used directly for nVidia chips...but it's not workin on Win95OSR due to missing exports...**** !

Wish there will be KernellEx ported to Win95OSR

Tomas

...but it's not workin on Win95OSR due to missing exports...**** !

Wish there will be KernellEx ported to Win95OSR...

Once again, not sure if it will help you or not, but take a look at this. I'm not familiar with this project, but I think it may be the closest thing to what you're looking for.

...but it's not workin on Win95OSR due to missing exports...**** !

Wish there will be KernellEx ported to Win95OSR...

Once again, not sure if it will help you or not, but take a look at this. I'm not familiar with this project, but I think it may be the closest thing to what you're looking for.

Thanks for the link.This is what I was looking for a looong time :)

....hmm seems that the links for the files (@ Mediafire) are not working anymore or what. Can not download ..... :-/

Edited by Comos

... don't know if this will be of any help. I switched over to KMPlayer for DVDs, avi files and such. The last version listed to work with all 9x versions was KMPlayer 2.9.3.1428 ... I am using a newer version with KernelEx installed ... still "experimenting" with everything but seems to be OK so far. Anyway, KMPlayer 2.9.3.1428 might be worth looking at.

KMPlayer 2.9.3.1428

Filename: kmp.exe

File size: 13.47MB (14,122,018 bytes)

Requirements: Windows (All Versions)

Languages: en-US

License: Freeware

Date added: May 7, 2008

http://www.filehippo.com/download_kmplayer/tech/4120/

The KMPlayer is a versatile media player which can cover various types of container format such as VCD, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg Theora, OGM, 3GP, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, and QuickTime among others. It handles a wide range of subtitles and allows you to capture audio, video, and screenshots in many ways.

The player provides both internal and external filters with a fully controlled environment in terms of connections to other splitters, decoders, audio/video transform filters and renderers without grappling with the DirectShow merit system. Internal filters are not registered to user's system to keep it from being messed up with system filters.

In December 2008 KMPlayer was bought by Pandora.tv, and continues to be made available as freeware.

... maybe not exactly what you are inquiring about.

Edited by duffy98

... don't know if this will be of any help. I switched over to KMPlayer for DVDs, avi files and such. The last version listed to work with all 9x versions was KMPlayer 2.9.3.1428 ... I am using a newer version with KernelEx installed ... still "experimenting" with everything but seems to be OK so far. Anyway, KMPlayer 2.9.3.1428 might be worth looking at.

KMPlayer 2.9.3.1428

Filename: kmp.exe

File size: 13.47MB (14,122,018 bytes)

Requirements: Windows (All Versions)

Languages: en-US

License: Freeware

Date added: May 7, 2008

http://www.filehippo.com/download_kmplayer/tech/4120/

The KMPlayer is a versatile media player which can cover various types of container format such as VCD, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg Theora, OGM, 3GP, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, and QuickTime among others. It handles a wide range of subtitles and allows you to capture audio, video, and screenshots in many ways.

The player provides both internal and external filters with a fully controlled environment in terms of connections to other splitters, decoders, audio/video transform filters and renderers without grappling with the DirectShow merit system. Internal filters are not registered to user's system to keep it from being messed up with system filters.

In December 2008 KMPlayer was bought by Pandora.tv, and continues to be made available as freeware.

... maybe not exactly what you are inquiring about.

KMPlayer I used on my laptop,but I dunno why but it was crashing on small videoclips.So I uninstall it and now I use SPlayer and all is okay.I'll try this version of KM,hope after installation will not consume plenty of space :)

Does anyone have the SH95UPD files please? It is not possible to download it from the hosted site..... :(

It's surprising but there doesn't seem to be a copy at MDGx's site.

You should try the author's e-mail address, given at (see 2010/12/07 blog entry) :

http://ysai187.blogs.linkbucks.com/

Joe.

Done...hope I will get the answer soon.Maybe it would be a good idea to save those files also here.