No SVCPACK.INF

PC Problems

Hello all,

I haven't used Nlite for a while now so decided to update my XP CD's

I have d/loaded lastest Nlite

The nlite runs and finishes without any complaints or errors.

I am trying to add some .cmd files in to the folder SVCPACK in I386

But I have noticed there is no SVCPACK.INF file in I386 so how are these in the SVCPACK folder being run?

Has something gone wrong or am I missing something obvious :)

A bit confused ?

Thank you in advance...

Mike.

Last Session.ini

Did you find SVCPACK.in_ ? It is the compressed file.

To expand it, copy it in C:\ and then run this command from Command Prompt

cd c:\
expand c:\svcpack.in_ c:\svcpack.inf

Edit:

A few things:

If you integrated a Service Pack in XP, it is not recommendable to run nLite under Vista or Windows 7;

C:\Nlite\XPUpdates\rootsupd.exe

C:\Nlite\XPUpdates\IE8-WindowsXP-KB976662-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Nlite\XPUpdates\IE8-WindowsXP-KB981332-x86-ENU.exe these three do not integrate with nLite normally.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Your better off downloading a new set of updates with my UDC tool and a better IE8 add-on. See link in signature. This way you can use the IE8 updates.

SpoiledBrat - Thank you - expanding it worked a treat, I presume I dont need to compress it after my changes?

-X- - That looks a great solution, I will try your UDC and re-try the slipstream in the week sometime.

Thank you both for replying...

:thumbup

Mike.

FAO -X-

Hello,

OK your UDC worked a treat - I like it alot, thank you. So simple and effective.

Just to mention, a lot of people and myself included will use Boogy's MP11 slipstreamer before running Nlite.

I noticed that some of the updates are duplicated - I noticed them but others may not

Would it be worthwhile to make some more foot notes stating this if they do the same slipstream process...

It may save you more "I followed your instructions and it didnt work!" posts

Just trying to help...

Thanks Mike.

Ok, below is the list from Boogy's site...

I noticed his slipstreamer will not start unless all of these are included.

KB928788 FIX: Windows Media Player 11 may not work correctly when you use the Media Sharing feature to stream Windows Media format video content across a home network

KB929399 FIX: Subscription services cannot extract metering data when the services try to synchronize metering data on a client computer that is running the Windows Media Format 11 SDK

KB929773 FIX: You hear an unexpected noise or a problem in the audio playback when you play back a Windows Media Audio (WMA) file on certain hardware devices

KB932390 FIX: The encoder cannot use the Windows Media Audio 9 Voice codec after you install Windows Media Player 11 on a computer that uses Windows Media Encoder 9 Series

KB933547 FIX: Windows Media Player 11 may crash if you plug in certain flash memory devices while you use Windows Media Player in Windows XP

KB935551 FIX: Device connection is disconnected when you synchronize lots of files between Windows Media Player 11 and a Windows Mobile device

KB935552 FIX: Windows Media Player 11 may stop responding when you transfer media to a device that uses the Media Transfer Protocol and then you cancel the transfer process

KB939209 FIX: When you use an application to play DRM-protected video content in Windows XP, the application may fail

KB939683 FIX: Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP

KB941569 MS07-068: Vulnerability in Windows Media file format could allow remote code execution

KB944882 FIX: The memory for an application increases for each file that you transfer when you transfer media from a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows XP to a portable device

KB952069 MS08-076: Vulnerabilities in Windows Media Components Could Allow Remote Code Execution

KB954067 FIX: You see lower quality video when you use Windows Media Encoder 9 Series or a similar Windows Media Format SDK-based encoder to encode a video

KB954069 (x86 only) Windows Media Encoder 9 crashes when you switch the input and output viewers and change resources repeatedly

KB954154 MS08-054: Vulnerability in Windows Media Player could allow remote code execution

KB954155 MS09-051: Description of the security update for Windows Media Audio Voice Decoder: October 13, 2009

KB973442 An application that uses the WMV codec cannot play back content that is encoded in the MBR format

KB973540 MS09-037 - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Active Template Library (ATL) Could Allow Remote Code Execution

KB978695 MS10-033: Description of the security update for Media Format Runtime 9, for Media Format Runtime 9.5, and for Media Format Runtime 11: June 8, 2010

KB975558 MS10-062: Vulnerability in MPEG-4 Codec could allow remote code execution

KB2378111 MS10-082: Vulnerability in Windows Media Player could allow remote code execution

Thanks.

I noticed that some of the updates are duplicated - I noticed them but others may not

Again. Which updates are you talking about? I see no duplicates.