WAT problem after a restore from an image

whs37

I did a system restore from a Macrium image that was 1 year old. Everything ran perfectly except I got the notice on the bottom right of my screen that my Windows7 was not genuine. I got that quickly sorted out by the MS help line but I wonder what could have caused the problem. The help line people had no suggestions to make.

The Windows7 is a 32bit OEM and the image was from free Macrium. I have restored at least 30 times on this and other systems from a free Macrium image and never encountered the least problem. Is it possible that the age of the image (1 year old) could have caused the problem or are there other reasons.

Edited by whs37

It is Win7 32bit which I bought from NewEgg Nov 09. Has been working fine since then. Did the restore from my Nov 09 image because it had developed a few glitches. It must be genuine because the Lady at the MS help desk gave it a clean biil of health after she walked me thru a gezillion numbers. Works fine now too and the glitches are no more there.

Maybe the "unsupported OS" stems from the fact that I used an older edition of MGADiag.

Edited by whs37

redownload the MGATool. the output says version 1.5, but it should be version 1.9

Hmm, problem is I cannot find 1.9. except on some shady websites. Do you happen to have the MS download link. Thanks for all the help.