windows 7 raid driver problem

b-man

my motherboard supposedly supports raid (and i have the JMicron JMB361 chip on the board)and i have been trying to find and install a windows 7 64 bit raid driver but im having some trouble

i have downloaded from this page http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=265

JMicron IDE/SATA RAID Driver - which installs the jmb36x driver but cant boot into the raid manager on boot up (CTRL + J) (i have enabled raid in bios unless theres another setting that i have missed) and it displays press CTRL + J to load raid manager during boot up but automatically boots to my boot manager window for dual os

Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver - says computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software

do i have a wrong driver or is it my boot manager interupting it....?

Edited by b-man

ok so i didnt change anything had the computer shutdown come back to it this morning and it works sort of

it boots into the raid manager but i can only select 1 hdd so cant raid?

it only picks up on the hdd in the jmicron sata port not in any other ports

how do i get it to find the other drives

....come back to it this morning and it works....

Hi b-man!

Sometimes unexplainable problems come from foolish motives. Not long ago it happened to me something very similar. The damage was just in the BIOS and I fixed it by withdrawing the mainboard battery for ten minutes. Of course I checked out battery load before reinstalling it.

HTH

Edited by cannie