Sending critical error event ID regularly

albertwt

Hi All,

How do you organize or implement monitoring system in your domain to monitor these critical error on your workstations and servers ?

Hardware Related:

7, 9, 11, 51, 52, 55 Potential HD related issue

1053 Servers too hot. Sometimes our Air conditioning breaks.

Any kind of help and comments will be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,

AWT

I've been using System Center Operations Manager (previously MOM) for things like this, and it works well. Not cheap, but works really well (and I use ConfigMgr and VMM as well, so the fact they play nice together is a plus).

wow, sounds great, how do you implement / push the agent throughout the domain ? is it manually or through GPO ?

I use ConfigMgr to push software, so that pushes the clients I need (again, OM plugs into ConfigMgr, so it's easy to do), but it could just as easily be done via GP. ConfigMgr pushes the OS, manages software, etc (it's role is lifecycle management of an OS); OpsMgr monitors servers and clients for events I configure, and performs operations (manual or automatic) based on how they're configured in the console, and VMM is used to deploy and manage virtual machines in Hyper-V and, to a lesser extent, VMWare (which is slowly being replaced with Hyper-V clusters).

• 1 month later...