Kind of newpid here

throbert

So I’m trying to make an nLite of my xp pro 64 Disc. I’m using an nLite ini for reference to make changes (check attacment) it’s from a DAW Forum and it’s intent is to lean down and speed up a 32 bit OS, no I don't plan on using any of the drivers or fixes and patches.

I started by going to “how to create a fully up to date XP x64 DVD, argh.

I used Sersphs post SP2, IE+addons and his IE Tweaks. no problem integrating but below seraps link at how to create...... there’s the directx redist and i Can’t get that to integrate at all. I’m also not sure if that’s all I have to do in the hotfixes patches area because also below Seraphs link at how to create......there’s a:

Once again there is an archive with the smaller hotfixes at MediaFire, argh. So do I need to do the MediaFire thing now

Not sure what I need to do, I’m thinking I might be bloating it out with all this stuff.

I’m running nLite on my laptop with W7 home Premium. Don’t know if nLite should be installed in programs or X86. Either way it works, I think. I’ll be needing to install Net framework 4 and other programs and I don’t know where I do that in nLite, or if I have to integrate them post some how.

Edited by throbert

So, are you trying to create an x86 or x64 disc? Last Session.ini says x86, and your first line x64.

Another thing: You can't add a bunch of SATA/RAID drivers and expect it to work. nLite will use only the last one integrated (one of the things that you need to customize for only one PC).

Another thing:

]I’m running nLite on my laptop with W7 home Premium.
Last Session.ini says you are running it on XPSP3. Furthermore, the latest SP3 for XP is version 5512, and you have 5503, obviously an earlier beta version.

These are the most obvious ones, but they need looking into immediately.

Cheers

So, are you trying to create an x86 or x64 disc? Last Session.ini says x86, and your first line x64

I indicated that I was using that ini for reference only. I'm try to create an nLitened XP PRO x64 Disc

Another thing: You can't add a bunch of SATA/RAID drivers and expect it to work. nLite will use only the last one integrated (one of the things that you need to customize for only one PC)

Don't understand what you mean, I haven't even started on drivers yet and indicated that I wasn't using any of the drivers in the ini for reference

Another thing:

]I’m running nLite on my laptop with W7 home Premium.
Last Session.ini says you are running it on XPSP3. Furthermore, the latest SP3 for XP is version 5512, and you have 5503, obviously an earlier beta version.

These are the most obvious ones, but they need looking into immediately.

Cheers

Again, I indicated that the ini that I attached was from another place, it isn't mine, only for reference, I thought I made this clear in my OP.

throbert, as a start, please change your title (edit your first post) to something meaningful (see forum rules). Your reference .ini obviously confused Sp0iLedBrAt and did little to help anybody. Please post an up to date Last Session.ini for your system. Running nLite under W7 to create an ISO for XP is problematical, especially if you are adding a Service Pack. I suggest you take another look at Kurt_Aust's post. It is a great source of information. It tells exactly how to integrate .NET and DirectX. It is a little much at first but is a great reference and I use it often. I suggest you do not need any hot fixes from MediaFire. Please go to the forum where 5eraph presents his update pack , IE8 etc for answers to questions concerning them. Enjoy, John.

throbert, as a start, please change your title (edit your first post) to something meaningful (see forum rules). Your reference .ini obviously confused Sp0iLedBrAt and did little to help anybody. Please post an up to date Last Session.ini for your system. Running nLite under W7 to create an ISO for XP is problematical, especially if you are adding a Service Pack. I suggest you take another look at Kurt_Aust's post. It is a great source of information. It tells exactly how to integrate .NET and DirectX. It is a little much at first but is a great reference and I use it often. I suggest you do not need any hot fixes from MediaFire. Please go to the forum where 5eraph presents his update pack , IE8 etc for answers to questions concerning them. Enjoy, John.

Well my intention was to give you a look at what I wanted to do to my XP64 minus the drivers and fixes. So what I did was ran 2 instances of nLite one with no ini and the other with a copy of this ini. I deleted the drivers, fixes and renamed it before I loaded it. I was going to copy all the settings to the first instance but decided to save the second instance and see if the header changed. Have a look now and let me know what else I can do to speed things up. I plan on using this for live instrument hosting and DAW purposes.

Well my intention was to give you a look at what I wanted to do to my XP64 minus the drivers and fixes. So what I did was ran 2 instances of nLite one with no ini and the other with a copy of this ini. I deleted the drivers, fixes and renamed it before I loaded it. I was going to copy all the settings to the first instance but decided to save the second instance and see if the header changed. Have a look now and let me know what else I can do to speed things up. I plan on using this for live instrument hosting and DAW purposes.

throbert, thanks for a real .ini, now please change your title. It is hard to comment on your .ini as to what to remove and not. I attach mine for you to look at what I did. I am quite happy but I am sure it is not what you want. As far as the services go, please go to the Black Viper site. He has a great list of services settings and various recommendations. Be very careful about removing components especially services. If you find that you need them later, they are very difficult or impossible to restore without starting over with nLite. Please remember to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and run nLite only once doing all your work. I strongly recommend that you get a virtual system to test under. VMware Player (I use) and VirtualBox are both free and easy to use. Since you are running nLite under W7, it is especially important to test before going to HW. The weakness in VMs is that drivers are not tested. I noticed your are setting Unattended Mode to Provide Defaults - suggest Fully Automatic. The tweak 'Boot and Shutdown-Ctrl-Alt-Del at logon-Disabled' can present a problem if you forget your PW. All those network adapters you have specified will have no effect unless you specify a MAC address. I suggest you get started (using a VM) and them ask specific questions as they pop up. Please remember to change your title (full edit first post). Enjoy, John