How to use ... to make separate url Bookmarks for the 2 MSFN styles?

drive55

How to use modifier/parameter to make separate url Bookmarks for the 2 MSFN styles ?

Lately in my studies here, I'm switching back & forth between the 2 styles since each offers a different/useful functionality,

so I'd really appreciate if anyone can show me how to make 2 different url MSFN bookmarks :

one for the MSFN stylesheet, & one for the IP.Mobile stylesheet.

I looked at View:Source whilst each style was being used,

but I'm no html/css expert, so I was unable to find anything that seemed to make a difference,

and the url listed in the address bar seems to be the same regardless of which style sheet is being used.

I know there's got to be a way to add some modifier/parameter to the url.

I'll save quite some minutes being able to bind those to hotkeys, versus going to the bottom of the page each time to switch.

Thanks for this wonderful site, and for any helps! :D

Edited by drive55

From what I can tell, you can't specifically share (or bookmark) a link and specify one skin or the other. You can if you copypasta to your own browser (you can see a hash in the URL at that time) but this compares against the cookie on your PC to pick the skin. If you pasted into another browser, the board default would appear.

That being said, IP.B used to use something called "lo-fi" option which would actually generate a separate URL that always showed a skin very similar to the IP.Mobile skin. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any current IP.Board use that option, so I am not entirely sure it even exists anymore.

thx Tripredacus - I know of the LoFi - still in use on many fora

I've noticed in the past few months that a majority of people posting on various bboards which have 'upgraded',

do not seem to like the 'new & improved' variety - creatures of habit we are (said the hobbit ;) )

but, if you're a Florida Gator or fan, then you got to be Excstatic about the new MSFN :w00t: