Sager NP5135 laptop

oviradoi

Hello everybody.

I am in the market for a laptop around 1000 USD.

After looking at some options, I have come across this laptop: Sager NP5135

It has high-end components for the price, but I have never heard of the brand name or the firm that makes it (xoticpc).

I would like to ask you if you ever bought Sager branded notebooks, or notebooks from xoticpc. What experiences do you have with them?

Do you think it's worth it to go with that laptop, or should I go with a more known brand (Dell, HP, etc).

On the Sager notebook, I plan to choose the 1080p screen, Core i5-580M CPU and the Seagate XT hybrid HDD (500 GB + 4GB SSD). With these components, the price is 1026 USD. I don't think I can get the same specs for this price point in a more well-known brand of laptop.

Well I plan to use it for programming and entertainment. The reason I want the 1080p screen is for programming. I hate 720p because I can't fit many lines of code into the screen.

I also like to play a game once in a while, so I would like to go with a dedicated graphics card.

Did you ever have a Sager laptop? Or maybe friends/colleagues?

Sager must be the "brand" of xoticpc or so, so you will not find much info on that, but when you look up Clevo B5130M you will get a lot more info, it looks like Sony is using Clevo for their notebooks and laptops, but I can't tell for sure.

The dedicated video card xoticpc provides isn't much of a gaming card, can be compared with the older ATI HD4650 and that card won't do any, read not the ones from the last 3 years, games at 1080p ;).

The Dell XPS 15 comes with a better video card, NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M 1GB graphics with Optimus, and the same technology for energy saving and they have even the option for a GT 435M. Those cards will run most games not that bad at all. dell has also the option for the 9-cell battery; in my opinion a must for mobile computing. Downside of the Dell would be the HDD as it will not have the latest Seagate XT hybrid HDD.

Hard to say, the offer from xotic looks attractive too... all depends how much you need for graphics power; if you need graphics power I would not go with with the xotic.