a few problems..

Cosmin3

Hi.

Currently I'm testing Windows 7 x64.

I noticed some problems.

The Action Center displayes this:

actioncenter.png

First message it says that Windows Defender is turned off. I didn't turn it off and I don't have installed another program that could do this + it happened before a few times.

Every time I click on "Turn on now". Sometimes it's working.

I can't find drivers for my TVTuner (it's old): Kworld Xpert BT878 RF. I have a 100% working driver for XP x86 but I can't "convince" it to work in 7 x64 using compatibility mode.

I right click on exe file, choose Troubleshoot compatibility and I see this:

tswerror.png

I tried with many other exe files, same problem.

Anyway, I tried to set manually the compatibility in Properties >> Compatibility. Didn't work.

Btw, I have tried to find drivers in many ways: driverpacks, vendor site, DriverMax...

Can anyone please help me...?

Best regards, Cosmin3

Edited by Cosmin3

To address your first problem, I recommend you download or install Anti Virus software. This will correct the first issue. Regarding your second issue, have you tried searching for a driver on Google? I found a driver that worked with Windows 7 (32Bit) for my unsupported video card (Powercolor Radeon 9250) Of course Windows is telling me the card can't take full advantage of Windows 7. Since the card only has Direct X 8.1 support. I knew this already though. Anyways, see what luck you have searching on Google for a driver you may find one.

~Chris

Edited by Scofield

To address your first problem, I recommend you download or install Anti Virus software. This will correct the first issue. Regarding your second issue, have you tried searching for a driver on Google? I found a driver that worked with Windows 7 (32Bit) for my unsupported video card (Powercolor Radeon 9250) Of course Windows is telling me the card can't take full advantage of Windows 7. Since the card only has Direct X 8.1 support. I knew this already though. Anyways, see what luck you have searching on Google for a driver you may find one.

~Chris

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, I will download and install Anti Virus software but I don't understand WHY is deactivating like that...

Regarding drivers: of course I searched on Google and found nothing useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi for removing the msg showing windows defender is turned off you can do this...

In msconfig/services you need to uncheck Windows Defender. Then in msconfig/startup you need to uncheck Microsoft Windows Operating System where the command line is '%Program Files%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide'. Restart and the troublesome warning message about Defender being disabled goes away. :-)

and for second problem you have to tried search on google...i hope you will find some help....

thats it...