My XP Restart again and again

Kamrul08

I use "Ausogics Disk Defrag" as defragmenter. Some time I stop defragmenting or my pc is turned off automatically in the time of defragmenting if electricity is gone. So I start defragmenting next start up. After finishing defragmenting windows shows a massage "Windows will restart by 10 seconds" with option Ok/Cancel and after 10 seconds pc take restart. But after booting windows shows only bootskin for 3/4 seconds and takes restart again. Windows doesnot open any more. I've faced this problem many times. What can I do? Please help.

Press F8 repeatedly right before POST ends but before Windows booting starts and use disable automatic restart in case of system failure. See if that tells you anything.

I use "Ausogics Disk Defrag" as defragmenter. Some time I stop defragmenting or my pc is turned off automatically in the time of defragmenting if electricity is gone. So I start defragmenting next start up. After finishing defragmenting windows shows a massage "Windows will restart by 10 seconds" with option Ok/Cancel and after 10 seconds pc take restart. But after booting windows shows only bootskin for 3/4 seconds and takes restart again. Windows doesnot open any more. I've faced this problem many times. What can I do? Please help.

It sounds like a virus related problem... Try taking the hard drive out

and put it in a running machine, make sure its jumped right and run it

as a secondary drive and use your antivirus prgram to do an isolated

scan on just that hard drive... usually that will take care of at least

the virus problems you are having on that drive...

I hope that helps ...LittleRed

It sounds like a virus related problem.

Thanks all for helpful response. My PC is absolutely virus free (tested by avg, Kasparsky). For this problem I tried to boot in safe mode. But it does not run in safe mode too. I've replaced boot.ini, *krnl.exe, ntldr, NTDETECT.COM files and tried Recovery Console withe expand,fixmbr command. I've also disable automatic restart option. But same position. I think it is Ausogics Problem. Because I've used Ausogics in 3 PC and I've faced this problem in every PC.

Edited by Kamrul08

my pc is turned off automatically in the time of defragmenting if electricity is gone.

:blink: Ouch ! there's a difference between "turned off automatically" and put off without shut down. How often does that happen ?I don't think any defragmenter likes to be interrupted that way.

hi, I think you must check your RAM and fix it properly or repair the windows to run it easy.

My RAM is OK but I didn't try Reapair ever. I use "restore image" with Acronics True Image for this problem and it works fine. So I'm sure that my PC is not in hardware problems. I have been using Acronics True Image for for a long time. I don't install new windows.Whenever my windows makes me disturbed I use it. Just I wanted to know why my mentioned problem occurs?