WIndows 2000 Sata Drivers

sk8er

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx. I want to install Windows 2000 on it. It says it can't detect my hard drive. Where could i get ich9-m sata drivers for Windows 2000. Please help, Thank You :)

Hi

This is very, very difficult. This machine is designed for Vista/Win7 or downgraded XPSP3.

Win 2000 was not a choice of the engineers, also MS stopped support for the os.

Hope, there is someone out there, who worked out a solution.

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx. I want to install Windows 2000 on it. It says it can't detect my hard drive. Where could i get ich9-m sata drivers for Windows 2000. Please help, Thank You :)

IF there is something, it is likely to come out of blackwingcat's sleeve ;), see if this applies to your hardware:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=131421

@wela

NO need to put down another member by stating how difficult is something that you seemingly don't know a solution for. :whistle:

jaclaz

That's an Intel Chipset. For Windows 2000, I believe the last *official* AHCI (Sata) driver was the 32-bit Floppy Configuration Utility for Intel® Matrix Storage Manager version 5.7.0.1011. I say official, because there may be a newer modified driver out there.

See this thread for fun. Fernando 1 may be able to steer you in the right direction.

However, if you are not too concerned about ACHI, the basic (latest) Intel Chipset utility may work.

Good luck, and let us know how this works out for you.

Edited by PVU