Ok, lets migrate to Windows 7

DADOZ83

I don't know why Webbo doesn't update Xpize, time as past till last release and someone makes lite package, but with release 7 we were waiting for the last-optimized-final package.

Webbo, I must confess that I'm thinking to migrate to Win 7 :'-(

We are here still waiting for your great job, don't disappoint us :-)

Already switched to W7 and I will not go back to XP, really liked the new interface.

In any case, xpize was the best and the very first software that I installed on Windows.

I hope that someday 7ize will out ;)

Edited by DEEAGLE

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why Webbo doesn't update Xpize, time as past till last release and someone makes lite package, but with releas 7 we were witing for the last-optimized-final package.

Webbo, I must confess that I'm thinking to migrate to Win 7 :'-(

We are here still waiting for your great job, don't disappoint us :-)

I run Windows 7 Professional x64 on my laptop, but that's because it's what Sony put on there, and swapping it out for anything else just wouldn't work (you won't believe the hoops you have to jump through to get Linux working on a Vaio).

Seeming as I now have first-hand experience of Windows 7, I'm more able to see potential problems, but most of the stuff is already listed on Windows7Taskforce, and many of the issues simply can't be fixed by just myself.

I'm buried in coursework right now, so I will be neglecting Sevenize for the time being, unless anyone else fancies stepping up to the plate?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cool!

When you will release a beta (or alpha) ?

Some time within the next two weeks.

...And now it's been two weeks. Will it come out today?

I have been working on it during the past few weeks; building a package isn't that much work. Testing it to ensure quality (and more importantly: that it doesn't mess up the computer it's installed on) is what takes time, especially when making arbitrary changes to executable machine code.

These past few days have seen me preoccupied with my academic life, I'm having a lot of deadlines creep up on me, so it's important I get these sorted out first.

Give me another week or so. If anyone is running Windows 7 and would like to help me test it please post in this thread or PM me.

Thanks.