Slipstream W7 Sp1 RC - Dism ?

Not using DISM I don't think. If it is anything similar to Vista, you can't add SP1 in offline servicing. DISM can only add CAB files. Even OCSetup can add MSI files but only on a deployed OS. With Vista there were 2 programs you had to use after installing SP1. One was a cleanup tool and I forget what the other one is. I do not know if Microsoft made these available in RC or not.

Anyways, you can try deploying Win7 to a system. Then install SP1. then do a sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown. You can then capture that install to a WIM file and build a new Install DVD and use the captured WIM file as INSTALL.WIM in the sources folder. Of course then this DVD you would make could only install 1 type of Windows 7. :unsure:

There are 2 threads on MDL Forum saying you cant actually slipstream it that easy..You have to extract exefile and some cabfiles first..

@ Tripredacus: Cant i do that with all versions? Capture them to one install.wim?

Sorry for my poor English :)

I have windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe(wave1)

W7 RTM + windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe = DVD W7 SP1 Slipstream. Using Dism, it´s possible?

Thank you!

zakspeed, looking at the MDL Forum (reference by grabben, above), I found this guide in post #36. I am very interested in integrating SP1 into W7. This guide looks complicated and error prone. I will look some more before giving it it a try. You can also use RT7Lite - see forum above. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: grabben, please give us a link to the other thread (or threads) on the MDL Forum for integrating SP1. Thanks.

Edited by johnhc

yea thats the one i noticed.. Although I think i saw something in this: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/22454-Windows-7-SP1-RC-Build-6.1.7601.17105.100929-1730-Leaked

grabben, thanks, but the reason I was asking is because that one has 39 pages. Right now I am in the middle of trying the process from the one I posted. Thanks, John.

I just installed my ISO on VMware Player (W7 Ult x64) using the guide I pointed to above and seem to have a running system. The Properties screen shows Service Pack 1, v.721. I need to do some more testing, but so far, so good. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I checked for updates and was only offered one for Windows Defender. This seems strange. Comments?

Edited by johnhc

I just installed my ISO on VMware Player (W7 Ult x64) using the guide I pointed to above and seem to have a running system. The Properties screen shows Service Pack 1, v.721. I need to do some more testing, but so far, so good. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I checked for updates and was only offered one for Windows Defender. This seems strange. Comments?

Johnhc, One update(KB915597 - 14,5 Mb) ? It´s ok! All updates are in SP1 RC

no, they forgot the second part. the SP is not shown under "installed updates".

MagicAndre1981, I also do not see SP1 RC as installed (VM). I had installed SP1 Beta (directly) on my HW running W7 Ultimate x64, removed it and installed (again directly) SP1 RC and I do not see it listed as installed. Are you sure it should be? If so, what needs to be done to have it show up? Perhaps you can use this in a command prompt:

wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:976932

Please see this. Thanks, John.

EDIT:I tried the command line to remove SP1 RC and it failed:

Edited by johnhc

can you give better instructions than they did? kinda confusing to me.

Keep extracting to same folder or what

delete everything afterwards

in c:\sp1rc extract NestedMPPContent.cab (its that smaller one from above) there too overwrithing

anything if prompted, then delete it and 2 already existing .ini files

Edited by maxXPsoft

MagicAndre1981, I also do not see SP1 RC as installed (VM). I had installed SP1 Beta (directly) on my HW running W7 Ultimate x64, removed it and installed (again directly) SP1 RC and I do not see it listed as installed.

it displays under installed updates if it is done correctly.