$OEM$ Folder Shortcut problem

I do apologize if this question has been asked before but I could not find any reference to it in this Forum.

I am trying to add some Shortcuts to the Start\All Programs menu in Windows 7 Home Premium 64K edition.

In my normal Windows 7 the Shortcuts are located at the following

C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\*.Ink

Chris being my User Account

I would like to add these Shortcuts to $OEM$ folders but I am not shore where to place

them.I think it may be this but again I am not shore on this.

$OEM$\$1\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\*.Ink

If all else fails I could mount the Image and add the Shortcuts to the install.wim

but I would rather use the $OEM$ Folders instead.

If anyone could put me right on this one I would be most grateful.

Many thanks Chris UK

I do apologize if this question has been asked before but I could not find any reference to it in this Forum.

I am trying to add some Shortcuts to the Start\All Programs menu in Windows 7 Home Premium 64K edition.

I would like to add these Shortcuts to $OEM$ folders but I am not shore where to place

If all else fails I could mount the Image and add the Shortcuts to the install.wim

Many thanks Chris UK

chrisbraines, here is the link to the Unattended $OEM$ structure for XP. I could not find one for W7. I think you can get the right idea here. I suspect you will have trouble using the $OEM$ folder with the User path because the users have not been created when the $OEM$ folder contents are copied. Enjoy, John.

Many thanks Chris UK

chrisbraines, here is the link to the Unattended $OEM$ structure for XP. I could not find one for W7. I think you can get the right idea here. I suspect you will have trouble using the $OEM$ folder with the User path because the users have not been created when the $OEM$ folder contents are copied. Enjoy, John.

Many thanks Chris UK

Dear John,

Many thanks for you quick response and referring me to the Unattened Website.I may have solved the problem of adding shortcuts to the Sart\All Programs menu in Windows 7.

I have rearranged my $OEM$ folders.The new layout is as follows

$OEM$\$1\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\"add your shortcuts here"

This seems to be working ok for me.I do know that there are quite alot of differences

in the layout of $OEM$ folders between XP and Windows 7.It has caught me out on quite a few occasions.Anyway it is working fine for me know and I do hope that anyone else

following this thread will find this useful.

Dear John,

Many thanks for you quick response and referring me to the Unattened Website.I may have solved the problem of adding shortcuts to the Sart\All Programs menu in Windows 7.

I have rearranged my $OEM$ folders.The new layout is as follows

$OEM$\$1\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\"add your shortcuts here"

This seems to be working ok for me.I do know that there are quite alot of differences

in the layout of $OEM$ folders between XP and Windows 7.It has caught me out on quite a few occasions.Anyway it is working fine for me know and I do hope that anyone else

following this thread will find this useful.

chrisbraines, you are welcome. Glad to hear you found a good solution. Enjoy, John.