Multiple Unattended Windows 7

hii all

we have a lot of pcs have the same hardware , and i want to use one windows 7 DVD to install on those pcs with different configuration

i mean to make more than one unattended file to use with each pc

i know how to do this in xp , boot.bin will call setupldr then it will call winnt.sif , so i used to edit boot.bin and setupldr with any hex editor to call different winnt.sif

for example

boot1.bin will call setupld1 and it will call winnt1.sif

can anyone help me to do it in windows 7 ??

Most people these days are using free deployment solutions like MDT 2010 from Microsoft, to have an engine that automatically updates the unattend.xml on the fly, allowing you to use multiple configurations on a single media. For media based deployment these settings are stored in a separate textfile (customsettings.ini).

Other than that, if you copy the unattend.xml file to a writeable location (like X:) before starting setup, you can easily have a script that updates it with the correct values. Then setup will run with your updated answer file.

Even when booting on a read-only media you have 32 MB (default, can be increased) ramdisk that can be used for updating the answer file.

/ Johan

thank u for ur fast reply , but i need to do this without any network share and without any usb flash drivers , i need to put every thing in the read-only media (DVD)

i found software will call /SOURCES/BOOT.WIM now i need to edit this boot.wim to call a different xml for each pc

thank u in advance

Edited by Oxygen