HP Drivers

ldoodle

Hiya,

I have a load of HP Compaq 2510p laptops to deploy with Win7. Now the unattended Windows install in itself isn't a problem, but i'm pulling my hair out trying to find .inf based drivers for 3 things;

Authentec Fingerprint Sensor

Quick Launch Buttons

HP hs2300 HSDPA module

Now I know they are available as Windows Update has them but that is no good to me. I need a completely unattended install of these laptops.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yes. It is probably very easy to extract the driver from inside the archive. Which version of Win7 are you using? Use google or forum search and find the Universal Extractor and use it on the driver packages to see if that works.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Now I know they are available as Windows Update has them but that is no good to me. I need a completely unattended install of these laptops.

You can download the windows update drivers from the Microsoft update driver online catalogue. They download as cab files. I use 7zip to extract the contents.

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

You can download the windows update drivers from the Microsoft update driver online catalogue. They download as cab files. I use 7zip to extract the contents.

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

You have saved me a lot of hassle. I knew about the catalog but didn't realise it contained drivers as well.

Thanks very much!

OK, one minor problem.

I have a Synaptics Touch Pad and Ricoh media reader. If I add the drivers for either of these to my unattended driver location, I get an error about boot critical drivers could not be used, and it bombs out.

But neither of these are boot critical devices.

Any ideas?

Edited by ldoodle