updates list

Hi.

I'm new in this section.

I read the sticky topics but I couldn't find what I'm looking for: a list with links to (important) updates for Windows 7, to integrate them in my installation files using rt7Lite.

On rt7lite site I have found this: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=windows+7+update

But there are over 1000 links to check on dozens of pages...

Could you please help me...?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Cosmin3

go here:

http://solor.wtf.la./

the date/time stamps on the page headers are sometimes incorrect/superseeded, so, ensure you comb through all the subdirectories-ie: .NET 4.0 client and extended hotfixes comes to mind as an example.The .zip files contain all the hotfixes to the date on the zip file, ie: Sept 15, which he does monthly, the incremental updates are accessible through the x86 or x64 folders as outlined in his updated updates.HTML.

Edited by RickSteele

go here:

http://solor.wtf.la./

the date/time stamps on the page headers are sometimes incorrect/superseeded, so, ensure you comb through all the subdirectories-ie: .NET 4.0 client and extended hotfixes comes to mind as an example.The .zip files contain all the hotfixes to the date on the zip file, ie: Sept 15, which he does monthly, the incremental updates are accessible through the x86 or x64 folders as outlined in his updated updates.HTML.

Thank you very much :)

Sorry for the double post, but I have 2 additional questions.

About those folders: for some of them I understand what they are for ("IE8 updates, if you are not using IE9 beta" for example) but not for all. Could you please explain to me...?

And, in "Integrate to installation media", there are 2 cab files. But rt7lite wants only msu. How should I integrate them...?

Thank you.

Later edit: and when it says (for example):

Updated: 3.10.2010

- Added: KB981830, KB2263779, KB2276255, KB227669, KB2280390-v2, KB2289553

- Removed: KB975849, KB979744-v2, KB982454-v2

It's for 32 bit only or for 32 and 64 bit...?

Edited by Cosmin3

Sorry for the double post, but I have 2 additional questions.

About those folders: for some of them I understand what they are for ("IE8 updates, if you are not using IE9 beta" for example) but not for all. Could you please explain to me...?

And, in "Integrate to installation media", there are 2 cab files. But rt7lite wants only msu. How should I integrate them...?

Thank you.

Later edit: and when it says (for example):

Updated: 3.10.2010

- Added: KB981830, KB2263779, KB2276255, KB227669, KB2280390-v2, KB2289553

- Removed: KB975849, KB979744-v2, KB982454-v2

It's for 32 bit only or for 32 and 64 bit...?

Here: http://solor.wtf.la./Windows.7/

Oct 10, 2010 is the latest revision;

any updates in the update.html that are 64-bit only are labelled (x64), ie: KB970360(x64) vs KB2297652 for example. they will not be available in the (x86) hotfix folder.

You must extract the "Integrate to installation media" and manually replace those files in your installation files folder.

If you do not slipstream IE 9 Beta into your wim, then, move all the IE 8 specific updates to the main update folder before beginning. SoLor separated out the IE 8 specific updates (ie: IE 8 cummulatve update for example) with the release of IE 9 beta because if you slipstream IE 9 Beta DISM will remove any specific IE 8 updates in the process.

The headsup on the latest here:

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/19461-Windows-Hotfix-repository

Thank you but I was not asking about the folders in root but about the folders inside http://solor.wtf.la....7/Hotfixes/x86/

Then, I do not understand your question; obviously, anything in the x86 folder is only for 32-bit, the update.html file lists what has been added and removed for both 32 and 64-bit since the last "zip" file. If you're running 32-bit, only download from x86.

Sorry for me not explain better. And sorry for my english :(

I don't mean 32 or 64 but what is the use of each of these folders:

Client for NFS\

IE8 updates, if you are not using IE9 beta\

IIS\

Integrate to installation media\

MSMQ\

Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications\

I want to know this so I can decide if I want to add their contents to installation files.

Or I will add all their contents if you say it's better to do that.

Client for NFS\

add this to your installation

add this to your installation if you are not integrating Internet Explorer 9 beta

IIS\

MSMQ\

Do not add any of these three

extract the two cabs and move the files to your "sources" folder manually replacing the files there

Edited by RickSteele

Client for NFS\

add this to your installation if you are not integrating Internet Explorer 9 beta

IIS\

MSMQ\

extract the two cabs and move the files to your "sources" folder manually replacing the files there

Thank you.

Client for NFS\

IIS\

MSMQ\

Thank you.

No Problemo', glad I could help

SoLor has just updated the pack folders to include todays hotfixes-Oct. 12, 2010; so, you might want to revisit before starting your integration

No Problemo', glad I could help

SoLor has just updated the pack folders to include todays hotfixes-Oct. 12, 2010; so, you might want to revisit before starting your integration

I saw them but thank you for telling me :)

When it comes to finding files to include into my installation files I don't trust Google 100%, I trust Msfn forum :D

Thank you again.