Config-Dependencies-GrayedCondition-FileVersionGreaterThan

mritter....

Ok, so I tried the font increase and saw the results...thanks for the suttle reminder that getting bloody is the best way to learn and sorry for the stupid question.

If you would like, I can start a new thread but I if not, here is a new question....

Can you point me to additional help file or user manual, explanation or info on the Config Wizard - "Return Code Requires Reboot." and the Reboot Code Section.

I have tried searching for pertinent posts, reading the Documentation page of the site, reading through the Manual part of the WPI.exe but I am not finding any explanation.... i must be missing the big help file somewhere!!

Wanting to understand how to require a reboot after an installation of an app, then how to insure WPI starts automatically after logon and continues with the other apps that were selected on the orginal run of WPI.

Looking to use this as a standalone app installer post deployment of our "golden" or master image as well as for everyday use when manually installing newly released software. I point that out as I wanted you to know I am not incorporating any runonce commands, etc. Just running the WPI.exe standalone from a network share.

FYI...as I am sure you are wondering...if thru my testing I can get this to meet my wish list, we will register as a business.

Thanks again for your help

ChangeLog.txt is always current. The manual is Kel's job to keep up to date. But as you have seen, he is lagging way behind.

Quick explanation:

You are installing a program, gets 90% done but requires a reboot to finish. It closes and return's a code of 75 (example). If you tell WPI that, it will reboot and start at the same entry again. When it's done it will return 0 for done/no error.

Mostly it will be for a script.

Start script. Do some stuff. Need a restart. Exit code 99. WPI reboots. Starts again at script. It continues on (with internal checking,of course). Do some more stuff. Exit code 0. Done.

For a script you can use whatever you want.

For a program, look at the install log. It will be 0 for success, 1 for error (no details given), 999 is my designation/default fail code, usually meaning file does not exist. You won't know any other codes until you get an error in the installation and look in the install log. Or google it.