Pitaschio (on W2k)

Hello everybody!

I recently tried Pitaschio (thanks to Lenny_Nero!) and it looks interesting. It brings a huge amount of tweaks supposed to improve the use of Windows' interface, mainly of W2k.

Though I've had some surprises or didn't find the functions I hoped in it. Maybe you have a more complete experience?

- When Pitaschio runs, Paint Shop Pro 4 complains it doesn't find some entry point (indicated by its ordinal) in Mfc42.dll and won't go further, but works again as soon as I stop Pitaschio. Paint Shop Pro 6 doesn't complain. Bizarre bug, uncommon with W2k.

- Explorer didn't actualize the display of folders any more, even after I stop Pitaschio. I had to restart the session. Same for the "save file as" dialog. What's that joke? How deep does Pitaschio fiddle with Explorer's or Windows' internals?

- Can I maximize a window (both horizontally and vertically) using Pitaschio? I enjoy much doing it by clicking just once the scroll button with 4dmain, a stone-old mouse driver I try to replace with Pitaschio.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, glad you like Pitaschio, I dont think I could really live without it now, I love the re-naming function that keeps the extension out of the way when you just use a single F2 to re-name.

Another I like is Taskbar Shuffle from http://www.freewebs.com/nerdcave/, but Taskbar Shuffle is more to do with me being silly and wanting the stuff on the taskbar the way I want it :)

But the important part, sorry to here you have had problems, its been faultless running for the last 3 years.

But I am not running Paint Shop Pro, but I do have an old v4 version CD somewhere, but its in the box of CD/DVD's from before I got good at keeping them all cataloged, when (or if) I find it I will give it a try and see if I can get to the same place.

Again, never had any Explorer problems, I have it set to go to the above folder with a double click on empty space and not much else.

The window setting page/menu does seem quite powerful I have yet to really get to have a good play with it.