nLite'd XP won't finish install after reboot

scottp

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help!

I downloaded a copy of MS Virtual PC and started a fresh nLite on a new XP source. I added all the updates and addons that I wanted, burnt the ISO and tested it in Virtual PC.

RESULT!!

Everything seems to be working okay. I haven't tested it on the PC yet, but I will report back once I have.

Thanks again.

Hi Guys,

I have been using the computer for a couple of days now, and I have notice that it is very slow, the boot time is a lot slower than on my Atom Netbook, and it seems to 'hang' quite often.

Any ideas what might be causing it?

Thanks

I will get the last session sorted when I am back home (at work atm)

I haven't installed any other software other than a couple of little programs, like Foxit PDF etc.

The hangning, just when you right click on something, there is a delay, when you open my docs it takes a couple of seconds, things like that.

Thanks

there is a delay, when you open my docs it takes a couple of seconds

It really could be anything; for example, I always get that from my anti-virus (Avira Personal) that has a "Scan on Access" function, meaning it won't let you click/run anything without checking it first.

LAST SESSION.INI

There you go.

It still seems overall a very slow computer (which considering the spec, it shouldnt be!)

I am also struggling the the Picture settings on my TV, as when plugged in via HDMI, the picture is terrible, colour wise.

If you could point me in the direction on how to set that up, that would also be great.

Thanks

Scott

LAST SESSION.INI

There you go.

It still seems overall a very slow computer (which considering the spec, it shouldnt be!)

I am also struggling the the Picture settings on my TV, as when plugged in via HDMI, the picture is terrible, colour wise.

If you could point me in the direction on how to set that up, that would also be great.

Thanks

Scott

scottp, I have not reread all your thread, but have some questions. I see you included no drivers, so, how did you install them? Have you run nLite more than once against the same source? You should always start with a fresh copy of your files/folders and run nLite only once doing all your work. Running nLite more than once can lead to many strange symptoms but I have never heard of performance problems. What video card do you have and what driver are you using? I run XP x64, so don't know much about 32 bit updates, but I am concerned about yours, including ones converted into .cab files. You might want to consider going to an Update Pack and dropping the media player updates and see if your performance problems decline. Enjoy, John.

John, there's nothing wrong with those cab files. I make them due to a bug in nLite. They fix problems, not cause them.

-X-, I am sure they are OK if you built them, but I did not know their origin. Since the OP has a general problem, there is something basic going on. I would suggest that all AddOns and all updates be removed, an Update Pack be used for all post SP3 and a test to see if the performance problems disappeared. Enjoy, John.