Xp Pro Cd Key Wont Work

Cirustus

Don't know why it wouldn't be accepting your key but I see one problem that's unrelated. You can't slipstream most Windows Media updates directly. You need to download the cab files I made from my site: http://xdot.tk/updates.html

See this - nLite bug when slipstreaming Windows?-WindowsMedia-KBxxxxxx

EDIT: I just skimmed your updates and there are a lot of discrepancies between what's actually needed to make an up to day ISO and what you have.

Nuke what you have and download the UDC-09.20.10.zip file from my site. Run the batch file and you will get an accurate and up to date updates folder.

Edited by -X-

its all good once i had integrated the updates/hotfixes using nlite instead of making an iso put of it i used bbie to extract the original boot ini off the original cd and used nero to creat a bootable cd from there it was smooth sailing

if you would like me to make a guide on how to do this let me know

Edited by Cirustus

• 1 month later...

Not sure what you're saying.

well i found out a way of using nlite with 2 other programs that allows me to make a cd and be able to use my original cd key with it

was also wanting to know if you guys would like me to make a guide up on how i did this

Cirustus, we know of ~3 causes for rejected keys;

-SP3 integrated with nLite under Vista or 7even.

-that key was actually never tried with original CD (because original was automated) and poster admits it later.

-key was blacklisted by Service Pack.

It would be more interesting to find out the cause of your problem if your case is different from those.

I doubt using Nero to burn the CD changes anything to such problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new in here .

I've the similar problem , the serial cd key on the cover doesn't work after i do the nlite .

I'm doing nlite with list below :

- Windows XP Pro x86 Include SP1

- Windows Service Pack 3

- Put bootable ISO

The installation run smoothly , but i can not continue after popup window to put cd key .

The windows installation always reject if i use the correct cd key based on the cover cd .

Edited by biskandar

• 2 weeks later...