Intel 82578DM Nic for MDT2010 64 bits

Hi, I'm currently trying to integrate in the boom.wim image the appropriate driver for a new Lenovo M90 (desktop PC) without any success. Tried the 15.5 (latest) driver and now and going to try 12.2 and now the 12.1.1 and maybe more...

Is there anyone that been successfull with the driver. When my LiteTouch process is starting is says that it couldn't find the share and driver for peripheral PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10EF&SUBSYS_305917AA&REV_06 was not installed.

Thank you

I don't boot to the 64-bit PE, but have had issues with the 32-bit driver for these machines also. I ended up installing all of the available drivers (48 of them) from the ProWin32.exe and that seems to have solved it. Just installing the one specific driver would not consistently work.

Yes, that's what I'm doin too. Im installing the all those inside the prowinx64.

I had no issue to get this machine working with the 32bits version. From what I read and tested, it's not possible to install a 64bits Windows from a 32bits WinPE.

Thanks

The problem isn't installing 64bit Windows from a 32bit PE (this is actually possible and works just fine). However, with MDT, you aren't directly installing Windows, you're running task sequences. You cannot execute a 64bit MDT Task Sequence from a 32bit Windows PE - that's why you have to have both for MDT.

The driver you need is e1k62x64.inf. You will find it in the 64bit package on this page:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19059&ProdId=3145〈=eng

Still no luck this morning... oO

I made sure that this .inf was the only one in the boot image to make sure I don't have any duplicate driver that might interfere.

Any toughts?

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same issue, the x64 drivers are not used during Winpe boot to connect to my OS distribution point during an OS deployment using Deployment Workbench.

Lenovo M90 5485-RP7

Ive checked the Lenovo web site and am using the latest driver.

Might check the Intel web site to see if there is a newer driver.

werigp, I do not use MDT (just DISM), so my observations may be off base. It surprises me that the install is complaining about a NIC driver. Did you inject the driver into the install.wim as well as the boot.wim? I went to the Intel DL site and found version 15.7 and DLed it. It has drivers for several architectures and 32/64 bit. There are about 50 .inf files and more than 30 with 64 in the name. Are you sure you are including the correct driver for your System (W7, I assume) and 64 bit? There are at least 3 .inf files with your DEV and SUBSYS codes. Enjoy, John.

Edited by johnhc

OK fixed now.

Go to Intel and get v15.7 version of PROWinx64.exe

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18713〈=eng

Extract them out of the .exe file.

Import drivers into Deployment Workbench, update Workbench and select the option that rebuilds the boot images ...LiteTouchPE_x64.iso, ....extract the files from the ISO and copied on my USB boot drive - all good, able to boot and deploy.

Cheers.

Edited by werigp

• 4 weeks later...

i have almost the same thing mine is a network card and its an Intel 82578DC

and yeah i was having problems with the network being limited to 10mb/s instead of the full gigabit

go to the intel site that werigp mentioned

it fixed my network speed and stability issues