About automatic admin login.

catsado

Hello people. You all know when customizing installation with nLite you can select, after installation windows to log you in automatically with the administrator account. But after that if you create new account and want to use it, first you need to type "control userpassword2" in the run box, apply a tick there and after that you will be able to select other accounts. And now my question is, is there a way to make that automatically. After installation to enter with the admin account but to skip the step when i have to enter "control userpassword2" and to click the tick.

P.S. It's about customizing windows xp install.

Edited by catsado

Hello people. You all know when customizing installation with nLite you can select, after installation windows to log you in automatically with the administrator account. But after that if you create new account and want to use it, first you need to type "control userpassword2" in the run box, apply a tick there and after that you will be able to select other accounts. And now my question is, is there a way to make that automatically. After installation to enter with the admin account but to skip the step when i have to enter "control userpassword2" and to click the tick.

P.S. It's about customizing windows xp install.

catsado, the bad thing about the Auto Login setup during install is that it places your password in the Registry in plain text. I use Autologon.exe, found here, wrapped in an AutoIt script to delete this PW and create a secure one in the hidden key. I hope you know that you can directly use nLite to create an account with administrator privileges and auto log it. You do not need to use the Administrator account at all. I create one account that I always use and run the Autologon.exe script from the nLite RunOnce exit. The easiest way to do it is to modify the values in the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon to your other account. This can be done with Reg commands out of the RunOnce exit. Enjoy, John.