install xp from another partition

streak

my laptop ,there is no cd drive and no usb boot,only floppy drive,i copy i386 file one parition of hard disk

and boot with win98 bootable floppy ,can it possible to install with out cdrom support .

streak, I do this with Windows 7. I prepare my install on XP and then run it from my XP system and install my W7 on a separate partition. You need to be very careful to select the correct partition or you will bonk your starting partition. It is called a 'flat install' and I know it was possible in XP but have never done it. I suggest you search on "flat install" and see what you learn. Enjoy, John.

Thanks for the reply,my dell inspiron 2500 is usb version 1.0, i try to install from selecting plot the usb option it was stuck it shows searching for usb driver in host and pc is hang,there is any solution to add the usb driver in floppy drive.

I realize I wasn't clear, as usual. The floppy image when transfered to a real floppy (using Winimage, or vfd or other) allows you to boot from floppy THEN emulate boot from USB when the computer's BIOS doesn't have the option to boot from USB.

I realize I wasn't clear, as usual. The floppy image when transfered to a real floppy (using Winimage, or vfd or other) allows you to boot from floppy THEN emulate boot from USB when the computer's BIOS doesn't have the option to boot from USB.

That is going to take a really long time with USB 1.0. Actually let's hope the OP meant USB 1.1 since USB 1.0 doesn't support two way communication very well if at all.