Question about 64bit unattended installation

I'm busy working on a unattended 64bit installation of Windows 7.

Since I've never used the windows OPK before I have to do a fair bit of googling to find solutions to the various problems I encounter.

But now I've run into a problem for wich I can't find an answer.

When I tested my first attempt at a unattended windows 7 DVD it just wouldn't use my answer file.

After some more searching I found out that the problem was the fact that I only used answers for the 32bits installation.

But now I can't find anything about what things I should add to my answer file for a 64bit architecture.

So I was hoping one of you guys could tell me or have a link to another page where the answer is given.

All help would be really appreciated.

Well if the unattend.xml file is x64 already, you can use it directly. If it fails, check the setupact.log file to find out why. Press Shift-F10 to get a command prompt when running the Windows 7 setup.

Or post the unattend.xml file (as attachment, not in the content), and I will take a look...

/ Johan

The answer file your uploaded is for a 32-bit install (x86), you need to create a new one, and before that select a catalog file for a 64-bit (x64/amd64) operating system in Image Manager.

Windows 7 Setup always provide access to setupact.log, did you really press Shift-F10 to get the command prompt window? Please note that depending on when the setup fails, the setupact.log will be in different locations (X: or C:)