"Setup was unable to format the partition" Problem

i'm not sure if this is where it should be posted but here goes: i've spend a long time rebuilding my UaDVD for XP SP3 and i've run it flawlessly in Virtual Box. however when it came time to install it on a 1TB SATA drive i had the following come up:

"Setup was unable to format the partition. The disk may be damaged. Make sure the drive is switched on and properly connected to your computer. If the disk is a SCSI disk, make sure your SCSI devices are properly terminated. Consult your computer or SCSI adapter documentation for more information.

You will have to select a different partition for Windows NT. Press ENTER to continue."

i've googled this and there doesn't seem to be one defining answer. i've taken out one RAM stick. I've swapped drives and checked those drives in another installation of XP which formats and recognises them, my BIOS (mobo Asus P5N32-E SLI) also recognises the disks no problem. the only thing i haven't done is check the actual DVD, although that installation of XP say it's not a recognised Win32 application but all the files are there and it is bootable.

could a bad copy of the media be the fault?

EDIT/UPDATE: i've found out that it was indeed the DVD that was faulty.

Edited by chyronn

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem bro... but my XP SP3 CD shows the same error in Virtualbox too.

I am not aware of where i am making a mistake.

I know my Drives are perfectly alright (as my older SP3 cds format them easily).

The problem is with my new CD but i am not able to figure it out.

Help me if you can.

• 3 weeks later...