Windows 7 trial period extension

coucou

It's documented quite clearly in the activation documentation.

Yes, correct. But not documented for Windows 7. Your quote shows the date from January 2008 and belongs to Windows Server 2008 – long time before Windows 7.

And I don't think that a "technical description" from January 2008 for "Windows Server 2008" is a legal enhancement for a licence agreement for Windows 7 from October 2009.

If you read the article and the slmgr.vbs documentation, you'll note that slmgr -rearm is the same as sysprep /generalize.
Sorry, English is not my native language. But I understand this part a little bit different:
The /rearm process is also called by sysprep /generalize

"called by" and "is the same as" are very different meanings – for my understanding.

And - yes: Your second quote depends on Windows 7. But there I can not find any restriction of "only 3 rearms possible / allowed"

Edited by unawave

It's documented quite clearly in the activation documentation.

Yes, correct. But not documented for Windows 7. Your quote shows the date from January 2008 and belongs to Windows Server 2008 – long time before Windows 7.

And I don't think that a "technical description" from January 2008 for "Windows Server 2008" is a legal enhancement for a licence agreement for Windows 7 from October 2009.

Windows 7 uses the same volume activation technology as Vista and Windows 2008 - the way it handles suspected piracy is a bit different, but activation is the same. Documentation for VA 2.0 applies to Windows 7/2008 R2 as well as Vista/2008, because they're the same in this regard.

To add to the conversation about the re-arms. I will say that it "may" be possible to re-arm / generalize more than three times BUT it may only be available if you use an unattend option. I tried to re-arm an image last week that was done with just a regular install, and it returned an error. I didn't think it would work anyways.