winrar sfx code to copy files to \%userprofile%\Application

dub

Hi how you input the code in winrar sfx to extract & copy certain files to C:\Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Application Data ? in Windows XP / Vista / Seven

The sfx application requires a profile.xml file to be in the C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data folder

Or do i need to create a .cmd file? If yes how?

Please advise. Thanks ahead =)

Select the files to add in a sfx archive, right click on selection->WinRAR->Add to archive...->check Create sfx archive->Advanced->SFX Options->in path to extract fill with

%APPDATA%

, click OK, click OK. Also you can adjust compression if necessary.

Edited by radix

Thanks for the reply radix

I meant only the profile.xml file alone is extracted or copied to C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data folder

The rest of the files in SFX archive is extracted to the sfx default output folder - "program files" folder

I don't know what additional sfx scripts commands is required to input on the sfx comment section

Or create a run.cmd file to do the profile.xml file copying & add " /w run.cmd " without quotes after this sfx command script Setup=software.exe

Example;

Setup=software.exe /w run.cmd

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

But I dont know what is command line is use to create the run.cmd file

Edited by dub

Thanks for reply Kelsenellenelvian

Do you know the script code for the run.cmd file to copy the specfic file in sfx archive to C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data folder?

Thanks all

Edited by dub

Thanks Kelsenellenelvian, you're a genius

Its is possible to copy a folder + sub folder + 2 files

example

Profile folder / Username folder / profile.xml + Username.bin

Thanks again

• 3 years later...

Really?

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>>echo %appdata%-Result is:C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data

in Windows XP / Vista / Seven

That would apply to 2K and 2K3 (what I did it on) as well. It will be different for Vista/7 - the result will be

C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming

(performed on Win7 Home Premium).

IOW, "xcopy" will NOT run with blanks in the name, hence wrapping in quotes. ;) P.S., you will need a backslash and whatever filenames\folders (however you do it) immediately following the VariableName ("%appdata\<somethinghere>%") within the quotes. S.O.P. :yes:

Edited by submix8c